03 - you look lost

HIGH LOW
˗ˏˋ  🍓 ͛ ˳ 💌 ⋆ ˚🎸 ˎˊ˗
chapter three

third person;

"hey angel," jack called out at the girl after noticing her stand there as she looked around the cafeteria, confused. "you look lost, come sit with us."

"yeah, come sit, you're welcome to," daniel reassured her.

she gave the two a small smile as she sat down beside daniel. "thank you," she mumbled.

"you don't need to thank us. i already told you, you could sit with us," he whispered in response before introducing her to the others.

"mythical creature angel, i know you," zach said causing her to laugh, slightly out of awkwardness.

"zach!" the boys exclaimed.

"what?! she laughed," he furrowed.

"i don't care," she shrugged as they all tilted their heads. "no, like really. i don't mind."

"you can tell him to shut the fuck up if you'd like," corbyn added with a laugh. "i personally, would enjoy that."

"same," carlie agreed with her boyfriend as angel shook her head.

"haha sucked in losers, she's likes me," zach laughed at them as they both jokingly sighed at the exact same time.

"dude, she's good to keep around. she's smart as fuckkk," jack added shortly after, daniel softly hitting him.

daniel turned to angel, "sorry, they act like this sometimes but they don't mean any of it in a negative way," he explained to her as she nodded.

he looked back at his friends for a second before at her again, watching her as she just stared at her food, not eating any of it. "would you like to go eat somewhere else.. just the two of us maybe?" daniel whispered to her, making sure no one else could hear.

she shook her head. "i'm just not very hungry," she said, copying his tone level.

"you don't have to sit here if you don't want to.." he explained. "i don't mind if you go sit with tamia and all them."

"i don't know where they are, i haven't seen them today.."

"none of them?" he asked, grabbing his phone as she nodded. "i know some seniors are on a field trip, that's why jonah isn't here but i don't know why the rest of them aren't here.."

daniel opened his snapchat to see if the girls had posted anything about where they were — since they're the type to update everyone on what they're up to.

slowly clicking through just one of the girls story's and turning his phone off after seeing her just write paragraphs about how "annoying" angel is.

"i just knew i'd be left alone," she mumbled."it always happens. i have the worst luck."

"don't say that, you've got us," he reassured her, glancing at his friends quickly. "do you wanna go for a walk, or to a quiet area or something?"

he watched her as she shrugged. "we'll be back," he announced to the others as he got up, her getting up shortly after.

"woah," jack gasped as he rushed to clean his mess. "i'm in your class as well. wait for me."

"i said we'll be back dumbass."

"oh.." he sat back down as daniel shook his head before leaving with angel.

"daniel seems to like her," corbyn said with a laugh.

"i like her as well," jack responded. "she's just really quiet."

"remember, she's new jack.. she's probably not comfortable yet," carlie explained. "and what zach said wouldn't of helped."

"i didn't see you guys making her laugh," he raised a brow.

"anyway he like likes her.." corbyn brought the conversation back to the main point.

"oh yeah," he nodded. "they were writing love letters in class yesterday, well passing notes. i made her give him her number."

"nice work," corbyn laugh as him and jack done their handshake over the table.

meanwhile, daniel and angel were outside, in the fresh air and away from other people. she let out a sigh of relief as she sat down beside daniel at the table.

"do you not like big groups?"

she shrugged, "i'm just not use to it."

"would you rather just hang out with a couple people?" he slightly tilted his head as she shrugged again.

"i don't want to be a pain," she mumbled. "it's fine."

"you won't be won't be a pain," he shook his head.

"i just don't want to take you away from your friends.." she explained.

"not that it's a problem, but what about.." he words trailed off as he thought for a second about the girls from his english class' names. "olivia and scarlett, they're really nice. i could introduce you to them."

"it's just the two of them that hang out together.." he continued "you might feel a little more comfortable with them, rather than my group of like eight people."

"okay.." she sighed.

"don't think i'm trying to get rid of you or anything, don't be silly," he reassured her. "i just want you to feel comfortable. i'll still come see you. and you could always text me."

she slowly nodded as the bell rung. the two grabbed their bags, standing up.

"come see me tomorrow at lunch and i'll introduce you to them," he explained as they made their way back to the cafeteria to meet up with jack.

"i was starting to think i was going to be left alone in chemistry," he said as he got up. joining the two as they made their way to class all together.

AUTHORS NOTE

okay chapters after this are new ones :)