Erose

"VEER...!!!" I bang on the door calling him, "Veer...!!! Open the door!!!" Ahh!! The sharp piece pierces a bit more deeper into my flesh.

But in reply I hear him crying and saying, "Just leave, Bani...! I don't deserve you!"

My heart gives a painful lurch. Those words of his....I could just feel the bleeding he is going through inside...!🥺

"Veer....!!" I knock again and speak in soft tone, "Baby, open the door na...see, nothing happened to me...! I'm absolutely fine!! Just talk to me once, please...!!"

But Veer again growls crying, "NO, GO AWAY!!" and something metallic clashes on the floor with loud bang!

He has started it again!!

"VEER!!!" I shout and there comes another clash of metals.

And the sound of throwing stuffs...clashing...cracking...breaking continues. Watching him like this is torture!! God, please help...! I hope he doesn’t harm himself!!

I bang on the door few more times calling Veer and every time the sound of smashing only increases. Not getting any response but those sounds, finally I give a break to him...to myself. Leaning against the door I rest myself on the floor. Sitting motionless I let my ears get used to those loud bangs and my heart race slower. Strange to think tonight both our houses are so loud with noise....One with happiness and music while the other one with breakings and melody!

I take a look at my bleeding palm. The glass piece is still deep inside with a thin line of blood oozing down at my elbow. I try to take the glass out but immediately stop wincing in pain.

Better let it stay that way!

Wiping the blood off my hand I sit there waiting for the demolition to stop. Tears silently rolls down my face thinking everything that has happened all along. With whatever we have gone through...with all those communication conflicts between us... this day was sure to come one day, wasn’t it...?

I wait keenly outside our room, listening to his ravage. I'm feeling fatigued yet my heart refuses to give up. The piercing pain of my cut is working as a good distraction.

At last after what felt like years all the roar of clashing starts ceasing and gradually comes to a stop. I prick up my ears to catch any movement of Veer inside. But nothing comes. Waiting for a few more minutes, finally I decide to speak up.

"You done with your perishing...Or you cherish to do more??" I ask loudly.

After few seconds of silence I hear his hoarse voice, "Bani...! Leave, I said!!"

He cried.....🥺

"NO I Won't! I'm Waiting Here For So Long Only For You, You Moron!! And I'm Not Leaving Without Having Words With You!! So Either You Be A Good Boy And Open The Damn Door Or I'll Just Come Via Balcony!! And By Any Chance If You're Thinking Of Walking Away Again Then Mind You, I'm Gonna Come Behind You Wherever The Hell You Go!! Now Choice Is Yours!! Itni Asaani Se Mujhse Picha Nhi Chutne Wala Tumhara, Sumjhe!!!" enough of taking this shit!!!

I hope he opens the door this time. Though I've threatened him that I would come in via balcony but the truth is, I can't....with this lahenga!!! Well, not like I'm gonna tell him that! Hence my only option is to wait here outside!!

Thankfully I hear the door latch opening with a 'Kht' sound. I wait few more second for Veer to come out but he doesn’t...and neither does the door open. Not taking the risk of him to lock the door again, I quickly get up and open the door vigilantly.

The whole room is destroyed to be said in short while Veer sitting on the floor leaning against the bed...resting his hand on his knee...eyes fixed on the floor and once again I'm taken to six years back, the night on my birthday...! Same people same scenario yet everything is so different...! We're still with same communication issues but with so much more misunderstanding and pain! Tonight I'm more matured than I was that night but he's more of a broken mess than he was six years back.