The Left Date

Mahir's PoV
"Thank you for finally setting me your appointment." I smirk at Bella.

"Thank YOU for finally cracking your brain and not going like a loser with the new couple😏." Bella smirks back.

We're standing in the middle of the park, taking cool breeze of the morning, seeing people jogging around. Bella puts down the headphones and keeps the iPod in her track suit.

I scoff, "Are you nuts? You really thought that I'd go with them? I just said yes that time only to make sure those two idiots don't ask any more people to join and end up getting a real companion. You saw our whole gang there. If by any chance they knew about the trip, no way they would turn it down."

"Talking about your gang, did they leave after that.....you know what? I didn’t see them when we came out." Bella asks while we walk towards a bench.

"Yup, they left that time. But they will be here around for some more days." I reply while sitting on one.

"So, what is it you wanna talk about?" Bella asks me looking all businesslike.

Seriously!!  You're asking me that right now???

"You look beautiful." I say hiding my annoyance. But yeah, she genuinely is looking Beautiful right now. She always does😍.

"You look like a dork." Bella snorts, "Who wears business suit at a jogging, Mahir?"

I give her a plain smile, "The one who has a dangerous Saali like your sister, baby. You think she would spare me if I just excused myself without showing any reason? I had to tell them that I had an urgent meeting this early."

"Yeah, Very urgent jogging meeting." Bella laughs.

This time I become serious, "Yes, it is. We're here to have a talk."

Bella's expression changes too as she starts fidgeting the ring on her finger, "I know....but I don't know where to start and what to say."

I take her hands to mine and give it a small squeeze, "When are you going to talk to your parents? Or you want me to come with you when we do that? It can be done, you know....we can just settle in one place all together and tell both of our parents..."

"Mahir....just listen to me...," Bella stops me in midway, "...I'm sorry" saying this she squeezes my hand.

"What??" I don't know what else to say.

Is she turning me down once again??

"I said I'm sorry," Bella continues, "...that I didn’t give you a chance to explain...that I didn’t listen to you.... I'm sorry that I messed up everything. I really really am sorry for what I did to you....to us." she has tears in her eyes.

I quickly free my hands and cup her face. I can't see her like this.

"Bella...don't. They are past. Don't bring them right now." I say wiping her tears but Bella shakes her head and continues.

"No....I need to say this. Mahir, I never stopped loving you. Never. I was being a total stupid. Bani kept warning me....you warned me....I knew what I was doing was not the right thing to do but....I just let my ego carry me away. I'm so so sorry....If I didn’t agree to this proposal, none of this would ever happen." Bella collapse on my chest crying.

I keep patting her back while she keeps crying venting her emotions out. It's a relief that finally we are talking. After sometime I pull her away and look into her eyes, "So, tell me what are we gonna do now?"

Bella sniffs then says, "We cannot go to my parents right now, Mahir. They are already tensed about Bani and Veer. They are acting cool about it but actually they are not. Deep down they all are freaking out if this marriage would work or not. So, I think we better wait for some more time."

I frown, "Why would they be worried about it? I mean, Veer has given no reason for them to think that their daughter is in false hand or she's not happy. In fact it has been the opposite. Veer takes care of Bani pretty well and Bani too is doing good in that house."

Bella scoffs looking at me incredulously, "Veer takes care of her?? Well the last time when I saw him, he was totally ready to rip my sister apart. If he can do that in public, then I wonder what else he does to my sister behind the closed door."

I sigh..."Well, I admit he got a bit out of line last day. But you are worrying it unnecessarily. Veer loves her...he would never hurt her. And you know Bani, you think she would let Veer get her that down???" I chuckle to myself remembering there last day's kitchen fiasco.

Bella looks at me as if I'm the worst naive child she has ever seen, "Bani?? Yeah...she does look all tough and strong but when it comes to Veer, she has always been the blind case. And what did you say??? Veer would never hurt her? That jerk literally slapped my sister, cut her head and Bani didn’t say a thing about it except for defending him!!!

What!!!

"No way!!!  Veer would never do that!!" I shake my head in disbelieve.

He wouldn’t!!

"Really Mahir!!! I saw it myself on Sankranti's night." Bella looks at me squinting.

"Look, you must have misunderstood... Veer wouldn’t....." then I stop....Sankranti's night..."Oh!!! Yeah he would!!!  That's why he did that to his hand!!!" I exclaim.

"Did what..." Bella looks at me perplexed then stops at sudden self-realization, "Oh...but still....that doesn’t justify his behaviour towards my sister, you know..."

I sigh. I obviously cannot tell her why he's acting like this and all....it's not my place to say or her place to hear.
"I know. But don't worry about Bani, okay. She knows very well how to tackle Veer. Hope they would be fine by the time they come back from the trip. Now can we please leave their matter and talk about us?" I give her a bored look.

She sighs, "Hmm....but what's there to talk? About marriage, I need to talk to Abhishek first. But he's not in the country now, so we have wait for his return from Singapore anyway.."

"How do you know that he's in Singapore right now, huh?🤨" I ask her raising my one eyebrow.

This time Bella gives me a bored look, "He's my fiance, remember? Beside how do YOU not know that he's in where he is? You are his brother plus work in the same company..."

I grimace, "I just knew he was going out but not Where. Beside I'm your fiance, not HIM😐." I raise her left hand the pint at the ring on her finger.

Bella laughs at my expression, "Yeah my bad...you're my fiance. You are my lover fiance but He's my arranged fiance you see."

I look at her disgusted, "Seriously girl!!! You're really saying this to me now???"

Bella laughs harder this time hugging me then asks, "Fine, you tell me what do we do now?"

I pinch her cheek and stand up forwarding my hand, "First, can we go for a coffee? You owe me a coffee date, remember?"

Bella smiles at me adoringly, "Yeah! You're right, I owe you a coffee date like forever. Let's go for that then." saying this she takes my hand.

Don't know what's updating, dude!!

Too excited for the MV😍😍😍
Ah...my Sharbhi again on fire🔥🔥🔥
God!!! That 20s of video is literally gonna give me a 48 hours of constant heart attack.
Love SM 😘😘😘 and SC❤️❤️❤️
Love you all😚😚😚