Something Worse?

Hi babies.....🙋‍♀️👇

Veer's Pov
"if your brother is mentally sick then he better go treat himself by a doctor instead of using my sister as his trash bag!!!"
Bella's words keep ringing in my head.
"Bani doesn’t deserve this. She definitely deserves better!!"

Everything around me starts getting void with Bella's loud words booming in my head repeatedly. I walk past the crowd and get out of the hall silently, still besotted in my thought. Is that it then?? I don't deserve her?? Am I really just nothing but a trouble on her head? Of course she deserves all the happiness of the universe but am I giving her that???

"Oh hello Mr...!!! I'm here!!!" I hear Bani squealing behind me.

I turn back halting to see her. A sharp pang hits my numb body looking at her smiling face. The buzzing muse around me slowly starts disappearing with her view coming closer to me.

"Wahh patidev, so eager to spill the truth out of me!!!....that you've came straight outside to search for me huh...!! hehehe!!" Bani giggles giddily  while walking towards me giving my heart another pang.

As soon as her eyes adjust themselves with the garden light and fall on my face, Bani's smile vanishes.

"Veer...!!!" Bani whispers running up to me...cupping my right cheek with one hand while grabbing my left shoulder with the other one, looks at me panicking.

"What happened....!!!" her eyes roam all over face searchingly to find any clue for the answer.

Hearing her "Nothing. Go inside." I shift on my feet causing her hands slipping away from my body.

But Bani shifts more closer to me again cupping my both side temples and asks softly, "Nothing...??? You're looking as pale as dead!! What happened, baby??"

I stare at that alarmed face. It's like she can almost feel the disruption I'm feeling inside. Eyes restlessly darting into mine. But There is something more in these eyes. Concern.....or sympathy???

No no no...!! Don't think like that!!!

"Told you na Bani, it's nothing. I need to go to office for some urgent work....that's why I'm here. You go, enjoy inside...sangeet has already started na..." I force a smile out of me to assure her.

No, I can't tell her what happened...neither do I want to worry her with my pathetic sickness. Bella is right. I can't handle my mess, that's my problem. I have to right to drag Bani into this. She doesn’t deserve this.

"Shut up, Veer...how many times have I told u that stop lying to me!!" Bani glares back, "It's written all over your face that something bad has happened. Just tell me what it is...Are you upset with me?? Did I do something wrong again??" her voice softens while asking this.

"Not everything is about you, Bani!! Just Told you na, I've got some official issues to sort. Go inside!!" fuck my tone has started rising again!!

Bani looks hurt for a second, then holding my collar again charges me with the same ferocity, "Rant as much as you want with me, Veeranshu Singhania, but you're not going anywhere right now. Just spit out what happened...untill then none of us are moving from here!!"

Damn it!! My head has started throbbing again. If she keeps doing this, I won't be able to control my outburst for long. I need my medicines asap. I don't want to hurt her....

"Look Bani...." before I can say anything further Mahir appears behind sputtering, "Look Veer...please listen to me...whatever you heard.. It’s just a misunderstanding. You're doing nothing wrong with Bani, okay!!...She's just...." Mahir stops abruptly seeing me and Bani standing there and I notice he's holding his phone close to his mouth.

Seems like he was sending some voice note...

Bani leaves my collar abruptly turning to Mahir, "Wh...what misunderstanding?? What wrong doing are you talking about, Mahir...!!"

Shit!!!

Mahir lowers his phone while his eyes shifts between me and Bani hesitantly, "Oh...you two here...! Sorry for disturbing you. I'll be leaving you two alone...! Bye!!"

"Just shut the fuck up, Mahir...and wait!!!" Bani flares up, "What were you saying just now?? What did Veer do wrong with me?? Huh?? Something happened, right?? What is it huh?? Why did you stop so suddenly seeing me, huh??"

"Wo...Bani..." Mahir almost seems to be spilling everything but I speak up.

"He's not talking about you, Bani. You misheard it. And whatever the matter is, we'll sort it out between us. You don't need to worry about that. Go. I'll have a talk with, Mahir!!" she doesn’t need to know this.

"Seriously!!" Bani gives me a sardonic look, "Just a few minutes ago you were okay...God damn knows what happened within this time...whatever that crap is, it's about me which...YOU DON'T WANT TO TELL ME...NOW MAHIR KNOWS IT TOO...AND YOU'RE NOT LETTING HIM TELL ME EITHER!!! LIKE FOR WHAT??? WHAT IS IT THAT MAHIR HAS ACCESS TO KNOW BUT I, YOUR WIFE DON'T???"

Something in Bani's tone irks me to the core and before I can stop myself my voice yells up while my hand grabs Bani's elbow, "WHAT MAHIR MAHIR, HUH?? WHERE DOES MAHIR COME INTO THIS?? LISTEN BANI... IT’S MY LIFE! MY PERSONAL MATTER!!! MAHIR IS NOBODY TO SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THIS...NEITHER ARE YOU ANYONE TO CHARGE ME BECAUSE OF THIS!, YOU GET IT!!"

"What...?" I feel Bani's arm getting slack in my hand while her fierce expression gradually turn into shocked one as if she couldn’t just believe her own ears. Neither can I. But the only setback is that there is no going back from this now.

I look at her as hard as possible, "Yes!!! Better learn to accept that from now on...or just fuck off from my life. Choice is yours, bye!!!"  away from her hurt- stricken face I turn on my heel....making her feel shit...making my ownself feel shit!!!

Bye... 🌚
Lots of loves😘🤍❤️