A Hectic Week

Bani's PoV

It's the 4th day of our practice and also the final rehearsal. I'm not gonna push them into too perfection as this is only for a mere function. And also a very someone is eating so much of my temper that it's better I end this rehearsal crap as soon as possible or else I will end up eating that person RAW. And you know who it is? Wait, I'm telling you what happened starting from the first day.

The first day was a total disaster. After sending Disha upstairs, I selected a suitable song for the function and showed them if they were okay with that. They all agreed and asked me to show the whole dance once before moving to practice. And that's when I blundered it all. It had been years since I had set my foot for dance. Everytime I tried to roll my trance would break and I would fall. It was getting hard and pathetic too in front of all this people, specially in front of Veer. But I couldn’t give up....not after Veer's sluggy remark. It was a question of my pride, and no way I would let Veer win by demolishing it. Everyone present there showed me patience without any criticism. After trying and failing for hours, for one last time I shut myself from the outer world and start anew closing my eyes. This time everything fell into rhythm. I could feel that familiar warmth through my vein. The music right then playing was not the one selected for the function but a classical one. But I didn’t care, all I cared was my  Ghungroo's jingling, the only music my mind filled with. I moved with it's rhythm. That moment it felt like I had again gone back to the Sub-asian Cultural Competition in mid-school, there I was dancing for once in my life without caring for anything....just dancing with my heart out.

The music finished. So was my dance and I opened my eyes only to find everyone present in that house standing there with their mouth open. Eyes filled with....wonder i guess. My eyes automatically darted towards Veer to see him smiling proudly. Before I knew I smiled back then quickly turned my face away.

"You ARE a hell of a dancer, girl!!!" was what Ahana said.

"Oh dear! Finally after so long years..you did it!!!" my choti chachi cried in happiness.

Now it was getting embarrassing. I looked at my Pappa to see him pressing his thumb to his eyes. Mummy too with shiny eyes, others smiling appreciatively. I quickly looked away from there too.

"Well guys, let's not make the situation any more awkward, please." I said without looking at anyone in particular. I could feel my face all heat up.

"Umm....yeah right. So, what next coach?" Kunal bhai said smiling.

Coach!!!
Well, now that was more embarrassing.

Yet I made an effort to smile, "Well, your coach got self-coached today. So, you people will start from the next day which is the day after tomorrow. And please, Be. On. Time." I said with a joking tone.

That How the first day went.....

On the second day of our practice...........

As usual I came down with my old dance kurti and Ghungroo. By then everyone has already paired up for practice except Veer who's nowhere to be seen.

I guess too ashamed to dance with himself🤭

But guess who else were there? My whole LOT family. Even Daksh!!!! If there were a deadly earthquake collapsing the whole world, that geek would still not get out of his place as long as his butt was connected to the chair with his computer with full internet access. And they came for what? To see my dance!

Like WOW!!!!!

I pretended to ignore them, then asked Mahir, "Where is Veer?"

"Who knows, maybe watching some STAR PLUS serials." that's what he replied with a ugly smirk.