Christmas [Niall]

Christmas eve is here. My parents and I are gonna go over to Y/n tonight and have christmas dinner with them. We'll probably also open a gift already or we'll meet again tomorrow and exchange gifts then. Let's see. I put on a christmas sweater and go downstairs. "Merry christmas!", I get greeted by my mum, who is standing in the kitchen preparing something small to bring over to the Y/l/ns later. "Merry christmas! It smells very good in here, what are you making?" "Thanks! I'm making a christmas cake for after the meal." "Sounds good, can't wait to try it later!"

At about four o'clock we go over to the Y/l/ns and play some board games before we eat. "Should we exchange gifts today already or will we meet again tomorrow? I don't mind." "Tonight!" "Sure, we can open them lateron!" "Ok, we'll open them after dinner, is that ok for everyone?" "Yes!", we all say in sync. "Speaking of dinner, I should probably check up on it!" Y/ns mum goes into the kitchen and my mum joins her. When they come back they announce "Dinner is ready!", so we all go into the dinningroom and sit down at the table. They pulled out the table, so all nine of us would fit, and the food of course. Colin sits at the head of the table, Y/ns parents sit on one side with Y/n and me and my parents, Brandon and Greg sit opposite us. The food is in the middle of the table and I fill up my plate as if I hadn't eaten in like a month, eventhough I had some food before we came over.

After dinner all of us, well not me but the rest, are stuffed. "How about we open the presents now and have the desert later?" "That's a good idea, I'm stuffed!" "Me, too!" "Yeah, I'm also totally stuffed!" "Desert, I'm up!" "What? Niall, you're really not stuffed and want desert now?" "Yeah, I can wait though, if none of you'd like to have the desert now." We all laugh and head to the livingroom and sit down on the couch that's facing the christmas tree.

Colin gets his gifts first, as he's the youngest. He gets a basketball hoop from his parents and a basketball from Y/n, Brandon and Greg give him a jersey and my parents and I give him a voucher for a sports shop.

Next Y/n gets her presents. Her parents give her a bluetooth box, Colin, Brandon and Greg give her a notebook with a collection of pens and markers, my parents give her an Amazon voucher and I give her concert tickets. "Oh my god! You didn't have to get me something so expencive!" "You like it, though?" "No! I love it! And you! Thank you so so much!" "You're very welcome!" She comes closer to me and gives me a kiss. "Thank you!" "You're very welcome, babe!"

Then I get my presents. Literally everyone gives me vouchers for Nandos or some other restaurants and Y/n gives me a key chain with a picture of us on one side and very many sweets. "I love the key chain!" "I hoped you'd be happy with it!" "Of course! And thank you for the sweets! They'll be gone by tomorrow evening though!" "I know!" "Love you!" "Love you, too!" I give her a kiss and open one of the packets. "Really, you're gonna start eating them now?", Brandon asks. "Of course, why shouldn't I?" "We only ate like twenty minutes ago!" "And your point is?" "Brandon, you don't have a chance, just give up! He's always hungry!", Y/n says and Brandon gives up.

Brandon and Greg get lots of vouchers for furniture stores.

My parents and Y/ns parents get some small presents from everyone.

Once everone has opened their presents I ask "Can we have the desert now?". "Sure!" My mum goes into the kitchen with Y/ns mum and they come out with the cake and nine plates. They cut it up into pieces. "Here, Niall, you get the biggest piece!" "Thanks!", I say starting to eat the cake already, "This is delicious!" "Thank you, Niall!" The others get their pieces aswell and totally agree with me. "It makes me very happy, that all of you liked it!" "Thank you for making it, Maura! You'll have to come over more often so you can bring it again!" "I will!" We all still talk a good while and at about eleven we go back over. "See you tomorrow, Niall!" "See you tomorrow, Y/n! Thanks again for your present!" "Your welcome! Thank you for mine aswell! I can't wait to go to the concert with you in summer!" "I'm excited to go there with you, too! Love you, babe!" "Love you, too!"

The next day I go over and help Colin build up his basketball hoop. It takes longer than I thought it would. Maybe that's because we built it up completely wrong first so had to take it all apart and build it up again from scratch. Once we're finished Colin, Y/n and I play a round of basketball and when Y/n goes for the net, I stop her and tell her "Get on my shoulders, then you'll have a better shot!", so she gets on my shoulders.

 Once we're finished Colin, Y/n and I play a round of basketball and when Y/n goes for the net, I stop her and tell her "Get on my shoulders, then you'll have a better shot!", so she gets on my shoulders

I bring her closer to the basket and she throws the ball into the net. "Yay, my first hoop!" "That was great!" She gets down from my shoulders and gives me a kiss.

(939 words)