{68}- Next Steps | A Target for the Liberator

Start from the beginning

"Imperceptible Extensions- Phase Two: Shields."

The shadow arms manifested along with the handguards, and they deflected the incoming blades before grabbing the arms that held the Demon Cleavers. After prying them out of the way, I activated my third Authority of Sin.

"Rage Pulse!" The EM waves exploded out of my brain and sent a shockwave towards Kurgan, which knocked him back as Dragon's Blood started healing my broken arteries and veins. The backlash still exists here in the spiritual world, but at least it doesn't actually damage me.

Kurgan got up after my last attack, and charged towards me so fast that I didn't even realize his large body could achieve this kind of speed. The four Demon Cleavers swung towards me as they closed in like fangs, but I showed no fear, only greed.

Greed for more protection.

"Prudence's Barrier - Second Shift: Hemisphere Frontier."

Half a dome formed around me as the Cleavers crashed into them, shocking Kurgan's arm back using the third law of motion, and his eyes reflected fear as he recognized Regulus's ability, as he was the one who killed him.

Aha. Fear condition is achieved. Now let's do this.

"Authority of Pride - Dominator's Domain."

A thin layer of energy spread out around me in a ten-meter radius, and Kurgan was right inside it. A giant wave of bloodlust emanated from the surroundings instead of from myself, pressuring Kurgan into the ground with the same force as an Ul Vita. Theresia, who was inside of the domain's vicinity as well, stood shaking although the aura wasn't even directed at her. I quickly turned the authority off, and amazingly just like Deceit, I suffered no backlashes when using it.

Maybe I really was compatible.

"Ha..." Kurgan huffed as he kneeled on the ground, his Demon Cleavers supporting him as he recovered from the effects of my Authority of Pride. "You truly are a formidable opponent. And probably, so are your friends. I heard from the woman over there that you fought head on with the Sin Archbishop of Greed and came out unscathed. Those Sin Archbishops are dangerous people. I've heard that just a while before Greed besieged Garkla, a warrior in Vollachia encountered the one who called himself Gluttony, and he came out barely alive."

Now that I think about it, the Witch Cult was extremely active during the period of time 14 years ago. Pandora took care of Theresia, the White Whale was deployed, and Regulus annihilated Garkla. Petelgeuse and Sirius started their respective killings, while Gluttony also showed up in Vollachia.

Before I could continue that thought further, I remembered my original purpose for coming here. "Uh... now that all the fighting stuff is over, I need to discuss something with you guys, which is, you know, my original purpose for coming here, I guess."

"If it's Y/N's request, I will gladly oblige. After all, you temporarily quelled my family's inner turmoils at my last moments, so I am very thankful for that." Theresia said to me and give me a smile of support, which I returned.

"I will agree with any proposals as well. You clearly have the strength to back up whatever you say. As the War God of Vollachia, I approve of your actions."

Having the two souls recognized my worth, I proceeded onto the next stage of the plan. "Then, if it's not too much to ask, can you two be my training partners for a bit?"

"Huh?"

"Well, as good as I am with fighting and things, I'm still not at the level where i can compete with absolute beasts without sustaining a lot of damage. So that's why, I want to ask you two, the people who have immense knowledge in the field of swordsmanship, to train me."