MS. CARRIE HAS A SECRET

All I can think about is Jack. His smile is just dazzling, and it lights up my day, not to mention my life! He is so great! Way better than the last guy. I will never see him again. Thank goodness, Ms. Carrie thought.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK.

Oh, I hope that is Jack.

She opens the door to her classroom to find a way too familiar face. The blood drains from her face, leaving her pale and looking lifeless. She wants to close the door so badly, but she is in shock and cannot move a muscle; she can’t even blink.

“Hello. My name is Spencer. Are you,” he pauses to look at his paper schedule, “Ms. Carrie?” Spencer said in a devious, sexy voice.

“What…? You’re not…I thought…,” Ms. Carrie wanted to say ‘What are you doing here’ or ‘You’re not supposed to be here’ or ‘I thought I lost you back in Missouri’, but not one of these sentences would come out. They remained dormant.

“Aren’t you glad to see me? I thought I would never see you again!”

“Did you follow me or something?”

Spencer stepped closer to her. She backed away as the door shut behind him.

“Just tracked your name in the school system, no biggie.” Spencer said, shrugging his shoulders.

“No biggie? What about your family? Aren’t they freaking out?”

“My dad could care less. He had a party when I told him I was leaving. It was a great going away party.”

She began to fill with rage. She could feel it slide up her throat, ready to make a statement.

“What makes you think I would want you here? I am done and over you. I was over you once you got me fired!” Ms. Carrie spit it out like it was hot lava on her tongue.

Spencer started laughing. “You are so cute when you are mad.” He touched her chin briefly, but she jerked away.

He casually stepped towards her, but she backed away. He gave her a devious smile once he had backed her against a wall. He slammed his hands on the pale purple walls next to her shoulders. Ms. Carrie didn’t shutter, she just shook.

“You will want me. You will,” Spencer said speaking quietly.

He turned on his heel, walking tall out of the room.

Ms. Carrie slid down the wall and onto the floor. She was unable to cry or stop from trembling. All she wanted to do was kill that cocky bitch.