Chapter 20: The Holy Blade

Start from the beginning

Nebula: Zacharie, what troubles you?

Zacharie: I. I just can't believe it, that...THAT'S what he became after all these years. I almost mistook him for a-

Zacharie: A Demon.

Zach's eyes went pitch black, and then a firey flash of red took the place of his pupils. Nebula could feel his King's anger rising like a flame, small at first, but spread rapidly throughout his very soul.

 Nebula could feel his King's anger rising like a flame, small at first, but spread rapidly throughout his very soul

Zacharie: Just what by Alpha's name did that Witch do to him...?

Nebula: Calm yourself, Kiir! We had no idea where they were, this is a matter we had no power over. But what does matter is what we can do in the present, the Nutiid.

Zacharie: ....Yes. Y-Yes, you're right....sorry, I'm still trying to take this all in.

Nebula: You have nothing to apologize for, I personally believe it is better to except how Fate plays out, rather than ponder on how to change it. Now, let us continue fourth.

Zacharie: Right.

Zach placed his hands upon the stone wall, and as if it were clay, the rocks molded into long tree branches that stretched upwards to the cave, allowing the duo to climb up with little effort. Inside the tunnel was a small light, and as they walked towards it, they realized it was a Fairy of all things. Usually they are found in their homeland, but Zach did occasionally read old records of other magic beings traversing between realms for their own reasons.

Fairy: Oh, hello there! I never seen anyone like you two here before.

Zacharie: As did we. Excuse us, but is it true that the legendary blade, Excalibur, resides in this place?

The fairy stared blankly for a moment before looking off to the side, gesturing towards a large opening.

Fair: Uh...yeah....

She then floated away with that same expression.

Nebula: Odd, she seemed almost reluctant to say.

Zacharie: Perhaps she's a guardian of sorts? But then again, Fairies aren't the first choice I'd make, hm??

They could now see a great pillar of light from the ceiling, beaming down upon a sword embedded into the beautifully chiseled stone beneath it. The metal was a perfect shine, and was of simple yet expert craftsmanship, but it was the energy that caught the Oozai off guard. At this point, it was like an invisible force was pushing them back, just ever so slightly but noticeable. The pink Oozai thought about how, if he was any younger and unskilled, then being this close would knock him back on his seat giving off this aura.

Zacharie: This must be Excalibur then... Now what? I just realized, how exactly does one communicate with a dormant weapon?

Nebula: I believe it's much more simple than that, perhaps if one of us frees him from the stone?