I opened the book, flushed with serotonin. "My pleasure."

That's how we ended up reading together till way after the sun bowed to the moon. 

I should let him plan things more often.

* * * * *

We read till too late. It slipped my mind that I was supposed to be home to celebrate with my favorite boys. When I remembered, I panicked, and the first thing I did was video call them to apologize. They laughed it off. Griffin already expected it and George just seemed to be content. I was just happy it wasn't ugly.

Kai and I were hungry and none of us wanted to cook. Yes, I got hungry despite stuffing myself so much a few hours ago. No wonder I was gaining so much weight. After a short debate, we decided to go out to eat.

And no I wasn't pregnant. You need to have sex to accomplish that.

"Where are we going?" I asked him as we stepped out of the elevator on the ground floor.

"Wherever you want." He shrugged. "There are a lot of food outlets nearby."

"Yes!" I cheered. "Are we going on foot or should we take your car?"

"Car," he said. "Just in case we have to hide or make a hasty exit."

"Let's take mine, then," I said, taking the stairs to the garage instead of going into the elevator again. "They won't suspect it."

"Yeah," he agreed.

I drove, and he sat in the passenger's seat as we made our way down the streets packed with restaurants left and right. When we found that appealed to us both, we parked at the curb inside the yellow lines and then got takeouts.

"I'm hungry." I sighed as the rich aroma of food filled the car quickly. My mouth was literally watering.

"Me too." Kai looked at the boxes longingly. "Let's eat first."

"What if someone sees you?"

"I'm sure we'll be fine." He glanced around. "Nothing looks suspicious."

"If you're sure," I said uncertainly. My resolve was breaking.

"I am sure." He laughed, opening the parcels. "Ah, lemon chicken balls."

"They- wow." I breathed in. It was intoxicating.

"I know!" He fished out the forks and spoons from the bottom of the packets. "Dig in!"

"Yeah." I swallowed, opening the other box. "Spring rolls, damn."

"Dude, they smell heavenly." Kai sniffed the air like a hound dog, making me laugh.

"They do," I agreed, popping one in my mouth. It was just the right temperature. "Ahhhh."

Kai chuckled as he watched me eat. "This is like us eating at Ms. Suzie's all over again." 

"Oh, the good old days," I reminisced. "We used to go to that cafe every weekend."

"Yeah," he said nostalgically. "I miss her pastries."

"Why don't you go back, then?" I questioned.

"It won't be the same." He sighed. "Too much has changed. I just want one piece of our childhood intact with only good memories"

"I feel you," I exhaled.

"This chicken is amazing." He changed the topic. "You have to try it, Livvy."

"Umhmm." I smiled. "I bet it isn't as good as my spring rolls."

"I bet it is," he challenged.

"Okay." I stole a bit from his food. "Holy shit," I exclaimed as the flavors burst on my tongue one after the other, cascading and melting into each other most deliciously.