Chapter 33: Abnormal Day

Start from the beginning

Joke... Though, I wonder why was it still difficult to breathe? 

Perhaps, I knew it all along...

"I'm sorry, Lev."

His quivering eyes widened. 

"You're taking it seriously. I said it's a—"

"Nope," I cut him off. "You do like me..."

"What are you..."

Feigning ignorance is the worst thing to do. If I were Lev, my heart would ache with just the thought of my crush liking someone. Every time he hang out with Kyou and me, I couldn't imagine how he felt. Since my feelings were kind of... obvious...

In any case, confirming Lev's feelings is a must. If he stayed with me while holding his feelings, I'm afraid that it would break him...

I don't want to hurt him further than that.

"Fast rejection, huh..."

"..."

"I thought Kyou Zeyern's absence will be my chance."

"I doubt..."

"Such a straightforward person you are..."

"I know..."

"Do I really have no chance..?"

I looked down and slightly shook my head...

He let out a heavy sigh.
"I don't need to copy him then..."

"Yeah..."

A tear... has reached the floor. I slowly raised my head, seeing Lev cry for the first time.

"Ahahah... Don't look at me, Myle..." He covered his eyes with his hand.

After a few minutes, the roofs began to make noise. Students ran. Some shared their umbrellas.

"You're... on par with this rain," I mumbled.

He finally uncovered his eyes, wiping his tears.
"What nonsense are you spouting?"

"Your tears are like raindrops that bring problems to people like me."

"You never hold back." He glanced at the large window, enough to watch the dark sky.

"Yeah, I still feel bad for making someone cry."

"Oh..?"

"However, tearing up is a nice way to calm a person... I remember the time when Kyou forced me to cry in front of him. Cruel dude. But it's helpful..."

"If I comforted you that time, will your attention be on me?"

"... Ask my heart."

I stepped back as he abruptly leaned forward.
"Hello, Myle's heart, will you let me inside?"

"Pfft."

"Ah, never mind. It's occupied by that creature named Kyou Zeyern so I'll wait until it's vacant."

"Vacant?"

"You know, like in restrooms."

"Y-yeah, yeah... but if you can't hold it in, you have to look for another vacant stall, right? You'll suffer, Lev..."

Wait, what's with this topic? I connected it to our situation but it's still weird.

"Are we still talking about my feelings?" Oh, he finally asked.

I turned to the window, trying to shake off this awkwardness. The rain won't stop. It's finally the season of abnormality. I mean, my body couldn't stand cold weather so...