𝐟 𝐫 𝐚 𝐲 𝐞 𝐝

ALPHA
{ chapter fourty }

ALPHA{ chapter fourty }

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"I know where they are." Scott said walking in to see Derek, Peter, Vernon, Cora, and I looking at the map of the building.

"Same building as the Argents, we know." I told him.

"Cora and I followed the twins." Vernon answered.

"Then they want you to know." Scott pointed out.

"Or, more likely, they don't care." Peter stated.

"What is this?" Scott asked referring to the map.

"Isn't it obvious? The schemers are scheming, coming up with a coup de main, better know as pre-emptive strike." Peter informed him.

"You're going after them?" Scott wondered.

"Tomorrow and you're gonna help us," Derek answered, "They're one floor above them in the penthouse, right above Allison."

"So kill them first, that's the plan?" Scott questioned.

"They won't even see it coming." Vernon told him.

"Why is the default plan always murder? Just once, can someone try to come up with something that doesn't involve killing everyone." Scott spoke.

"You never get tired of being so blandly moral, do you? Not that I disagree with him." Peter stated.

"I do. Why do we need this kid?" Cora asked.

"This kid helped saved your life and you know we can't just sit back and wait for them to make their first move." Derek informed her.

"You can't beat a pack of alphas." Scott pointed out.

"That's why we're going after Deucalion, just him." Cora replied.

"Cut off the head of the snake and the body dies." Vernon spoke.

"Only this isn't a snake, it's a hydra. And like Scott says, they're all alphas." Peter pointed out.

"Deucalion's still the leader." I stated.

"Let's hope so because you know what happened when Hercules cut off one of the heads of the hydra?" Peter asked.

"Two more grew back in its place." Scott answered.

"Somebody's been doing their summer reading." Peter said with a grin.

✰✰✰✰✰

"You didn't come alone." Deucalion pointed out to Scott.

"Yeah. This is Isaac." Scott said nodding to him.

"I'm not talking about Isaac." Deucalion answered as he looked over at me, Derek, Cora, and Vernon who walked out from the shadows.

"You knew I would do this? Derek, don't. You can do this so that no one gets hurt. If someone else dies-" Scott started.

"Him. Just him." Derek hissed.

"Just me? Now, how's a blind man find his way into a place like this all on his own?" Deucalion asked before Kali, Ennis, and the twins came into view.

✰✰✰✰✰

I caught Kali's wrist as she went to claw my face. I heard the slash of skin and I looked over her shoulder to see that Scott had clawed the back of Ennis' leg, who was fighting with Derek. In that split second, Kali had grabbed my throat and slammed me into the ground. I heard Derek's heartbeat through everything else and I looked to see him on the edge. Kali slashed her claws across my stomach before I threw her off of me into a pillar. I hopped up, running over, as Derek fell backwards.

"Derek!" I screamed.

I watched as his body fell all the way down to the escalator below.

I felt my knees go weak as Scott came to my side. I couldn't hear Derek's heartbeat. I went to run to Derek's body but Scott held me back.

"Dillon, they'll kill you if you go down there." He told me.

"I don't care." I answered.

"Well I do." He said grabbing my hand and pulling me with him.

✰✰✰✰✰

I don't know how but I managed to get my ass in my car and drive back to the loft. I trudged up the stairs til I got to the door of our loft. I slid the door open. All I could smell was Derek and every memory of us here flashed through my mind. I felt anger fill my heart as I picked up the vase of flowers that Derek had gotten me a few days prior before throwing it against the wall, shattering. I was just so angry. I've never been so mad at myself in my life. I threw over the coffee table before flipping the couch. I let out a deep breath before I placed my hands on the table by the window, leaning against it. That's when reality hit me. Derek was gone. Derek's gone. He's dead. I slammed my fist into the table, cracking in half. I ran my hand through my hair in frustration as tears filled my eyes. I saw Derek's leather jacket laying over the staircase railing. I picked it up as I leaned against the wall behind me. I inhaled his familiar scent. He smelled like cologne, new leather, and gasoline. I slid down the wall behind me, holding it tight in my hand. I looked at the large wound on my stomach left by Kali, I didn't want it to heal, it wasn't fair to Derek. I pulled my knees to my chest with my head in my hands as I cried. I had lost another person in my life. But it wasn't just another person. It was him. I don't know how long I was there in that dark corner, crying, with his jacket in my hands but when my phone started ringing, the sun was already shining in through the large window. I reluctantly slid my phone out of my pocket. It was Stiles. I answered and before I could even say anything, he started talking.

"Dillon, I'm so sorry, I know this is a very, very bad time but something's wrong." He told me.

"Stiles. It's fine. What's happening?" I asked quietly.

"It's Scott. He's not healing at all. His wound actually is looking worse." He informed me.

I looked down at the large wound that I kept from healing, "He's not healing because of guilt. He's keeping it from healing mentally."

"Then what do I do? He's passed out but he's still breathing." He stated.

"Make him believe it's healing." I replied.

"Thanks Dil and I'm sorry. If you want, you can talk to me later." He responded.

"Thanks Stiles but death is not something I'm new to." I said before hanging up.