53 ~ Not Less Than Madhi

Sumedh made Mallika lay down on the bed and kiss her forehead, "How are you feeling now?"

"Better. Just tired." She held his hand in hers intertwining their fingers.

"I will call the doctor. We should check you once before we leave for Jaipur." Sumedh kissed the back of her palm.

"I am fine, Jaan. No need to call the doctor. I didn't sleep at night, right? Already a hectic day yesterday so felt dizzy and puked. Now I am feeling better." She smiled at him.

"I am sorry, I didn't think about this and disturbed your sleep." He caressed her hairs, laying down beside her.

"I was the reason too. Now let me sleep." She snuggled her face into his chest and slept peacefully.

Soon he fell asleep too being wide awake at night.

~~~

"Mallika! Dadi, did you see Mallika?" Shakshi asked Dadi, who was sitting in the living room and playing chess with Madhi.

"Mumma is with daddy, aunty. They both are sleeping. And dadi didn't let anyone disturb their sleep." Madhi pouted.

Shakshi smiled at her and ruffled her hair before looking at Dadi, "Dadi, do me a favour. Give the baby to Mallika and take care of her. I will come to Jaipur after three days only. I have a few works here and I can't do them with her. Also, take Mumma with you."

Dadi looked at her blankly, not knowing what to answer. If it was like before and Shakshi was her grandson's wife, she would have scolded her to keep her baby away from her. But now Shakshi might misunderstand if she scolded her.

"Shakshi, already you had done enough to ruin my granddaughter's future. Now please, don't let her starve for your love and milk." Leena said irritatedly, yet being angry at her for having an illegal relationship.

"Mom, I trust Mallika and Sumedh. He took care of my baby just like his even before she borns. Just don't interfere in my personal. I did ruin my life. I won't let my baby suffer." Leena became numb when her daughter said that she didn't want her to involve in her personal.

"We will always give our love to your baby and protect her, Shakshi." Everyone present in the living room looked up at the stairs, where Sumedh and Mallika were descending.

"But that doesn't mean you should leave your baby." Mallika added, taking the baby in her arms before continuing, "She is not less than Madhi to us. She is an angel. We love her more than ourselves. We are her parents too. But she needs you more than anyone. Whatever work you have, you can do that after three days. We will accompany you back to Mumbai. But you aren't leaving the baby for that."

Shakshi just smiled and caressed the small hairs of her daughter, who was snuggling into Mallika's chest. Placing a warm kiss on her temple, Shakshi looked at her and Sumedh, "I trust you both. I can't leave this chance."

"Chance? About what chance you are talking, Shakshi?" Sumedh asked her.

"Nothing. Happy married life in advance. Mallika, My milk is in the fridge. Give her that whenever she needs it. It will be fresh." Mallika was about to say something before she kissed her baby once and turned to leave.

But the baby held her hairs in her tiny fist, which just got slipped away from it, as Shakshi walked away from everyone out of the house.

"Sumi, please stop her. Why is she doing this? Baby needs her and already she is so much stress. It's not good for her to be alone." Leena urged Sumedh to do something.

He held her shoulders and made her look at him, "Mom, relax, please. I will keep track of her and send bodyguards too. I know this isn't good for her to be alone. At the same time, we can't force her. She is already stressed and this may frustrate her. Anyways, I will protect her no matter what."

He hugged her, letting her cry in his embrace. Whereas, Mallika stood there, being confused about what was happening.

Shreya came to her and took the baby from her, "Mallika Beta, you go and have food. Sumedh will join you."

"Dadi, I wanna play with the baby." Madhi touched the soft back of the baby and exclaimed.

Shreya smiled at her and nodded her head, "But after baby wakes up. Now continue your game with your par dadi and win her."

Madhi pouted, as it was complicated to play chess. Dadi pulled her, as she tried to escape and they continued the game.

As Shreya was about to move, Mallika held her hand, "A...Aunty, I feel weird. I am not feeling any good vibes. How will be baby without Shakshi for three days? Why didn't you all stop her?"

"Beta, she trusts you a lot more than herself. Because you had brought up Madhi alone without anyone. I am sure we are all with you to take care of the baby, so the baby will be fine. Besides, She needs some time to come out of all the things that happened in her life. Along with the baby, it will just increase her guilt and stress. Let her alone until she feels fine. That is good for her." Shreya smiled at her and told the servant to bring the cradle to the living room.

"Now you go and have food. We have to leave for Jaipur in a while." Mallika nodded her head and looked at Madhi, who was playing with dadi and her eyes finally fixed on Shakshi's baby.

~~~

"Mumma! See here!!" Madhi shouted, gaining Mallika's attention, who was getting ready in front of the mirror.

Mallika smiled, seeing Sumedh and Madhi's reflection in the mirror.

Madhi was sitting on Sumedh's shoulder by clasping her legs around his neck. He had held her hand and they both were twirling and dancing.

"Seems like dad and daughter have so much fun. What is the matter?" She helped Madhi to get down from Sumedh but her hand slipped, leaving Madhi to fall on the floor.

~~~

I had said that I would complete this book last week itself. But writer's block.

Hope I can finish it at least this week.