32 ~ Hidden Places Of The Mansion

Mallika couldn't control her blush after their afternoon make out. The wound, her father had caused in her heart, had vanished, seeing his love for her and her daughter.

She saute the onion for evening snacks while lost in her world, as Sumedh had gone to pick up Madhi from the school. She smiled when the thought of Sumedh holding their newborn baby in his hands.

For no reason, her mind wandered around the possibilities of giving birth to their second baby, giving her so much happiness.

Soon, her thoughts were disturbed by the phone call from the private number. She picked the call and said, "Hello!"

~~~

"Daddy!" Madhi ran to Sumedh and jumped into his arms. Though few students jerked their head on their side, hearing him calling their mentor cum Correspondent of their school, as her father, Sumedh cared less.

He held her in his arms and picked her up, placing a kiss on her cheeks.

"So, how was the practise, Princess?" He carried her to his car and placed her in the passenger seat.

"It was okay, daddy." Sumedh could feel disappointed at the fact, they didn't take her to the event with him and Mallika. But he was glad that he didn't take her with him.

He didn't wish her to witness how the people and her so-called grandfather treated her mother. He tied the seatbelt and occupied the driver seat.

"Next time, Mumma and Papa will take you to every function. Please don't be sad, baby." He pouted while driving towards the cafe, which Madhi loves.

She chuckled, seeing him and nodded her head, "Then get me a chai as punishment for not taking me along with you and Mumma."

Sumedh's lips curled into a wide smile, hearing the word Chai, "Sure! Why will I deny your punishment, if it contains my favourite?"

"That's sweet punishment, daddy!"

~~~

After having a good time at the cafe with their hot chai and sandwich, they both left for their home.

"Mumma!" Madhi shouted and ran towards the kitchen straightaway to find Mallika, as she always is in the kitchen when Madhi returns from school.

But she wasn't there. She made a huge pout and ran to Sumedh and Mallika's room, which just resulted in disappointment.

She ran to the playroom and garden in search of Mallika but she wasn't anywhere. She huffed, wiping away the sweatdrops formed on her forehead.

"Mumma, where are you?!" She shouted, which jerked Mallika, who was sitting in some darkroom.

"M...Madhi!" She got up and ran out of the room and was about to collapse with Sumedh, who was searching Mallika around the mansion with the worry of missing her.

"Careful, Jaan." He held her shoulders but she jerked his hands away.

He was bewildered at her touch, feeling something wrong. But composed himself and looked at her face, which was pale and her eyes were bloodshot red, indicating that she had cried for long.

"Were you crying?" His hand reached out to her cheeks, but she moved back abruptly.

He looked at her eyes, which were lowered facing the other direction. He was confused, more than that worried about her weird behaviour. He was sure that she was worrying over something and was crying, which gave him immense pain.

"Mumma, where were you?" Madhi hugged Mallika's knees, panting heavily due to running around in search of her mother.

"I was just seeing some hidden places of this mansion, Madhi." She picked up Madhi in her arms, throwing her piercing gaze at Sumedh, making him confused as well as panic, what if she knew something, which she wasn't supposed to.

"Hidden?" Madhi looked at Mallika confused as well as excited to know some new place in the mansion.

"Hidden means, we haven't yet seen the whole mansion, right, Madhi? So, I saw some rooms and was passing time. Now say, what do you wanna have?" She walked away from Sumedh with her baby in her arms, ignoring him completely, which hurt him.

"Nothing, Mumma. I and dad had chai and sandwich at my favourite cafe. I am not hungry. But dam tired. I wish to sleep in your lap while hearing Harry Potter stories from daddy." She flung her arms around Mallika's neck, smiling at Sumedh, who was walking behind them silently.

He smiled back at her, who asked him in gesture about what happened that he was looking sad. He blinked his eyes as nothing and gave her a flying kiss, making him smile widely.

"Love you, daddy!" She gave him a flying kiss too and hugged her mother more.

Mallika made Madhi stand in her room bed and started changing her dress, ignoring the father and daughter conversation completely. She made Madhi lay on her lap and kissed her forehead.

Sumedh, who was expecting Mallika to say something to him, sighed seeing her silence and sat beside her, caressing Madhi's hairs. Mallika once again ignored him purposely, making him lose his patience slowly.

He controlled himself and took the book and started reading it for his Princess.  Madhi slowly drifted into deep slumber due to tired of practising for long.

Mallika made her sleep on the bed, without disturbing her sleep and went to the kitchen to make dinner. Sumedh kissed Madhi's forehead and went behind Mallika hurriedly.

He held her hand to stop her, but she jerked his hand away and went away.

"Jaan, what happened? Why are you ignoring me?" He held her hand again stubbornly, which she jerked away again.

She was also stubborn to not talk anything with him, which just made him anticipate in the wrong way, as he knew that there was something wrong with her.

"Miku, please, talk with me. It hurts me a lot more than you think when you ignore me." He pleaded, as his eyes pooled with tears.

Though she felt sad to hear his cracked voice and feel his cry, she kept her face stern and started preparing for dinner.

"Miku, please." He held her hand once again. She didn't jerk away from his hand this time, but looked at his face, as her eyes filled with tears, "How much it would have hurt me when I know that I had fallen for the man, who had rapped me years ago?"

~~~

How was the chapter?

I am sorry, guys, I was inactive for a few days, as I was very busy with my work and family functions. Now I will try to update regularly if not daily.

What will happen now?