37. JULIET AND OPERATION PUPIN

Start from the beginning

"But Pupin sounds weird."

"I think it's cute." Juliet shrugged.

"See! The main character likes it!" The grey-eyed boy pointed at Juliet.

"The what?"

"Hold on. What's Operation Pupin?" Remus furrowed his eyebrows curiously.

"We noticed how you two like each other, so-" Mary started, but was cut off by an overexcited Sirius.

"We decided to push you two in each other's arms! Alas, we are too late." He put the back of his hand on his forehead dramatically.

The couple exchanged an amused glance before Juliet smacked Sirius's arm. "You're supposed to be happy, drama queen."

"Ouch." He rubbed his arm with a pout. "You're violent, woman. Remus, mate, it's not too late to back down!"

He then yelped when he saw her approaching him again, but to his luck, Remus was there, and he pulled her back, keeping her put by having his arm around her shoulders.

"I'm just joking! I've been waiting for this to happen for a long time! You two better not break up! Ever!" Padfoot glared and Juliet smiled.

"Oh, the others will be so happy to hear about this!" The curly haired brunette squealed, clapping her hands.

At that, the couple widened their eyes, turning to look at each other with hesitant expressions. The action did not go unnoticed by their friends who frowned.

"They.. Won't be happy to hear about this?" Mary asked, unsure of what the sudden nervousness was about.

"No, that's not the issue." Juliet reassured. "We just haven't discussed the whole... 'telling the others' thing yet."

"What even is there to discuss? We just told you we were preparing a whole plan to get you two to date." The Black eldest boy frowned.

"Padfoot." Remus called to get his best friend's attention. "In case you forgot, it's not really a good time. Lily got petrified, Peter is too scared to even leave his bed, Dorcas has been stress-eating and James is on the verge of a mental breakdown."

The boy with the longer hair pursed his lips, remembering the state of his other friends.

"Well... Maybe it will cheer them up then?" Mary muttered the suggestion.

"It could," Juliet shrugged, "but it may be better to wait at least until Lily gets healed?" She turned to her boyfriend. "What do you think?"

He nodded. "I agree. There's no rush anyway."

"Fine. Party poopers." Sirius rolled his eyes.

All four started to make their way back to their common room.

"By the way, why are you guys up, and outside?" Juliet narrowed her eyes, staring at Sirius.

Sirius was never one to wake up early.

"Mary needed to go to the bathroom." He replied. "She woke me up because Marlene and Dorcas wouldn't get up."

Their position was indeed not quite far from where the first floor's bathroom was, but still, it wasn't that close to the Viaduct Courtyard.

"Then we saw Filch so we ran away." Mary continued. "And we spotted you two kissing and being all lovey-dovey."

"Very cheesy. I almost threw up." Sirius faked a gag, earning a smack on the back of his head.

"No you didn't. Shut up."

"Yes, ma'am." He then turned to his best friend. "Your girlfriend's scary."

Remus couldn't help but smile at that.

His girlfriend.

Juliet Euphemia Potter was Remus John Lupin's girlfriend. He never thought it would actually happen. But when he was with her, he felt normal, like he wasn't a monster. He felt as though he was allowed to be happy.

Every single concern and dark thoughts he would normally have, disappeared when she was around. They would come back now and then, and it would take a smile from her for them to vanish again.

You don't deserve her. You're a monster. You don't deserve to be loved. You could hurt her. You will hurt her. You already did. Monster.

And then there she was, beautiful from any angle and under any light, embracing his demons with such a soothing manner.

Juliet Potter didn't care that he was a werewolf. She knew. She's even been accompanying the boys on full moons. And she would even look past his moody behavior on those days, taking care of his wounds, taking care of him.

His mum will be thrilled when she'll hear the news. Hope adores Juliet.

"Remus?"

The tall boy snapped out of his thoughts. He hadn't realised they'd arrived at their common room. Sirius, Mary and Juliet were already inside, looking back at him through the opening. He shook his head, entering the room and closing the door behind him.

"Oh good! You're here!" The four turned to see James coming down the stairs.

"And you're here." Juliet raised her eyebrows, surprised. "I thought you were with Lily?"

"I came back an hour ago." He shrugged, then turned to his two best friends. "We need to talk!"

"Now?" Remus groaned but he only received a nod.

Once James made his way back up the stairs, the scarred boy turned to his girlfriend.

"Talk to you later." She nodded and he kissed her forehead before scurrying away after his best friends.

When the boys made it back to their dorm, they saw Peter already sat there, waiting for them.

"What's going on?" Remus crossed his arms, curiously frowning, as James took a seat near the Pettigrew boy.

"When I was in the Hospital Wing, I had an idea!"

"For a prank?" Peter asked.

"No, my dear friend, this," he grinned, "this concerns Operation Pupin."

"Oh no." Remus whispered.

"Oh yes." Sirius said with a huge grin. "This is going to be fun."

* * *

I AM SO HAPPY TO FINALLY BE ABLE TO CALL THEM A COUPLE JSJDKSKSL

Happy Valentine's Day! <3

also thank you so so so SO much for 100k !??? (well 120k now-) this is literally insane I can't believe it, I think my eyes are deceiving me

thank you for being patient btw, I took a small break and yall have been so cool with it, I literally love yall sm