{30}Kiss Me Through The Phone

Vote<Comment<3Follow

"Here is your keycard

"Here is your keycard. Your checkout time is tomorrow, 9:30 am." The receptionist looked past his parents and at Addison. "Here's a coupon for free water from the mini-fridge. He looks like he may need it."

He did.

Addison's not a big drinker. The most he's ever drunk was tonight and a party that Eve dragged them to in Junior year. After that party, he swore to himself that he would never drink again.

Not only did he throw up on his doorstep he also had a very scarring makeout session with Eve, who was also drunk out of her mind. Although he knew for sure he was gay, that night was a huge eye-opener.

"Come on." His father grumbled. "We need to get you to bed."

"I don't feel good," Addison whined. "I wanna talk to Oliver."

He sighed, "Oliver's not here right now." He used the keycard to unlock their room, letting Addison's mother walk in first.

This wasn't the plan for the night, they were originally supposed to be sleeping there. But after Carol told them to pack their bags and never come back, they settled on a cheap hotel.

His mother was disappointed in him, so was his father. And that made him feel horrible, worse than his stomach.

Drinking on an empty stomach wasn't a good idea. Maybe he should have given the dressing a chance.

As a punishment, Addison's parents decided that since he was old enough to get drunk he was also old enough to handle it.

He could not handle it.

His stomach felt like shit, his brain felt like shit, and he just felt like shit.

Tears stained Addison's cheeks as he glanced over to his parents, fast asleep on the other side of the room. He fell face-first on the mattress and sobbed. "Why am I even crying?" he asked himself. Then pain shot through his stomach and he understood.

His mother's eyes fluttered open, "John? He's crying."

"Shhhh. He's fine. It'll pass." He said, voice muffled by his pillow.

She shrugged and fell back asleep.

The sound of his phone buzzing got him up. And the sight of Oliver's name on his screen got rid of any pain he had. Okay, that was a lie. He practically limped out to the balcony, but he was very happy.

"Oliver."

" Addison, I'm so sorry. Gabe and I were cooking the whole day. And we almost burned down your kitchen--but it's fine now, we fixed it. How's everything with your family?"

A soft smile spread across Addison's face. "It's fine. I'm fine. I missed you so much."

"Have you been drinking?"

"Yeah, I'm sorry. Today went bad. My mom is mad at me, and I'm pretty sure my dad hates me."

"What happened?" Oliver's voice held assurance, something Addison needed a lot of at that moment. "Talk to me,"

"I don't know. One second I was consuming my Aunt's science project and the next, I was being forced into an Uber."

"You don't know? Or you don't want to talk about it?"

Addison sighed, "I wanna talk to you."

Oliver chuckled, "Ok, well talk to me. What made you drink?"

So he told Oliver about his grandmother and his snotty cousin. Then he ranted about his grandfather. And last but not least... Carol.

"She's such a fucking bitch."

"She sounds like one." Oliver agreed. "She deserved what she got."

"That's what I said!"

The line went silent for a while, the only sound was Oliver's quiet breathing until he spoke again, "Addison, I'm sorry about what happened to you today. I wish I saw your messages so I could have helped you through it."

"It's fine, Oliver. You're helping me now." Addison laid his head on the balcony railing and sighed, "You've always helped me."

Although Addison was far from sober. There was something about Oliver's voice that made him feel the calmest he'd felt in a long time.

It was a feeling he could only feel with him.

It was familiar, almost nostalgic in a way.

"How much did you drink?"

"One beer and a bottle of wine."

"That's not healthy. You have a flight tomorrow. You should go and sleep it off." Oliver yawned on the other end, the quiet sound of sheets rustling told Addison he was getting ready for bed.

Deep down he knew that he should let him go and get rest. But as Oliver said before, Addison's selfish, and at that moment all he wanted to do was spend a few more minutes with him.

"But I wanna talk to you." Addison sighed. Maybe it was the alcohol or the serene atmosphere that he stood in.

Because the next thing Addison said, he wouldn't even admit to himself. "Oliver Beckett, you've got me attached."

He heard Oliver draw in a short breath, "You should go. Goodnight."

He frowned, "Oliverrrrrr."

"What." The boy chuckled.

"Kiss me through the phone." He grinned to himself lazily.

The song reference prompted Oliver to burst out laughing but nonetheless, a kissing sound was heard from the speaker, "Go to sleep."

"Mhm. I promise."

He broke his promise.

Addison stayed out on the balcony for two more hours. Staring down at the dirty inn pool and thinking about Oliver.

He appeared to do that a lot lately.

IIIIIIIIIIII

I just wanna kiss you but I can't right now so baby kiss me through the phoneeeeee

Sorry that was corny but that song hits and the chapter fit it so...

I LOVE YOU GUYSSS<333

Thank you so much for reading:)