{28}A Slap to the Wrist

Vote<3Comment<3Follow

It's been 7 hours, and Oliver hasn't returned

Addison's called him a few times, more like 30, but that's practically the same thing, right?

At first, Addison didn't worry. But every hour that passed just nerved him more and more and he couldn't take it. God, he sounded like a worried wife waiting for her husband to return home for dinner.

His parents got home earlier that day, they questioned him about Oliver's whereabouts and he told them the truth. He went shopping for Thanksgiving and visited his father.

But of course, he left out the part where he was returning stolen cash.

"Where's Oliver?" Gabe barged into his room just as he was about to dial the boy's number for the 31st time that night. "It's been hours."

"I know. He probably got caught up in traffic. You know, with a lot of people traveling for the holidays."

He wished he could believe that, but something told him that something went wrong.

Addison forced a smile. "It's late, and you guys have a lot of cooking to do tomorrow. You should get some rest."

"Don't you still have to pack?"

He forgot all about the early flight he had in the morning.

"Yeah, I do. But I'm not going to sleep until Oliver gets back so I have time."

"Ok. Wake me up when he gets back. I want to tell him about today. I still have a hickey-"

"-Yeah, you can tell him all about that later. Goodnight."

"Mhm." Gabe closed the door and headed back to his room.

Addison sighed. After a few seconds of contemplation, he called Oliver again.

"Hey, I can't talk right now. Or I may be ignoring you...sorry. Just text me, or call me back later. I don't know how to work my voice message thingies so don't send those. Okay, I think this is getting too long now. Bye!"

Addison forced himself off of his bed and got his suitcase from his closet. If he was going to stress, the least he could do was stress while being productive.

He threw some clothes out of the drawers onto his bed and started sorting. They were only going to be there for a day. Meaning he needed one outfit and some pjs.

But what if they get stuck because of a really bad storm? That means he would need three.

The flight could also get canceled, so he settled for ten.

Addison started folding his clothes neatly into his bag when he heard the front door open and close.

He exhaled a breath of relief.