{24}Nobody likes Candles.

Vote<3Comment<3Follow

Maybe Ariana's pole dancing was a good idea

Oliver and Addison got stuck at the candle booth because Jordan's mom didn't get the memo that she actually had to show up and sell her candles.

No one bought them. 

It was crowded with middle school couples walking around sucking each other's faces and making cringy dancing videos. These kids had no shame. They littered their trash everywhere, basically dry humped in corners, and had no respect for the volunteers.

Where are their parents?

And by volunteers, Addison meant he and Oliver. Turns out Mr. Geyes "forgot" to send out an email, letting parents know that help was needed.

"I'm so ready to go home," Addison muttered, leaning against Oliver's shoulder. "You're sleeping over tonight, right?"

"I don't know, probably not." Oliver brushed a few strands of hair out of the boy's face. "I don't wanna intrude."

Addison frowned. Just as he was about to debate, a group of kids came up to their booth. A boy took out his phone and began sitting it against one of the pumpkin decorations.

The kids stood back from the camera and got into their "positions." Right before the timer counted off, Oliver pushed his phone down, "Hey kid, don't touch my booth! Make your video somewhere else, or get a tripod for god's sake."

He gave him a dirty look before walking away with his little cult.

"We need to be on alert. Who knows what these kids are carrying?" Oliver murmured and pushed him off of his shoulder. "Come on."

Addison pouted, "This is so boring. All we did was let middle schoolers become the stars of their own coming-of-age movies. He pointed to a "couple" feeding each other pumpkin spice gelato.

"That's kind of cute, not gonna lie."

"I wanna live my main character moment." Addison sighed, "How is it possible that a 12-year-old is happier than me?"

The grin on Oliver's face grew bigger before he abruptly stood up and dragged Addison with him. "Let's go."

"What are you doing? We have to sell the candles-"

"-Addison, no one likes candles." Oliver grabbed his hand and pulled him away from the kiosk.

"We at least have to put up a closed sign just in case someone-"

He squeezed his hand, "-Addison. No one wants the fucking candles."

He wanted to be his stubborn self and argue, but Oliver was right.

Nobody wanted the candles.

They walked through the crowds of kids hand in hand. The cold air rushed to their faces causing Addison to shiver. Oliver frowned. "You're cold?"