{12}When and Where?

Vote<3Comment<3Follow

The weekend was a blur

The weekend was a blur. All Addison could think about was Oliver, who hadn't texted him at all. Addison had way too much pride to text him first. It wouldn't be fair.

Oliver was the one who decided to act like a child. Even if he and Jordan were flirting, it had nothing to do with him. He and Oliver weren't together. Hell, they were barely friends.

His immaturity pissed Addison off, more than he usually was.

It didn't help that he ignored User's messages the whole weekend. While they talked, a conversation sparked up. User wanted to call him. So they could speak and hear each other's voices.

Something that Addison didn't necessarily want to do. It's been 6 months since they started talking, half a year.

And Addison was prepared for them to text until one got bored and ghosted. But the way things were looking, that wasn't going to happen anytime soon. It felt like he was committing to a stranger. Addison could barely commit to a song.

User789o0: Hey good morning

Addison disregarded the message and frowned. He pocketed his phone and turned to his locker, but the nagging feeling that someone was watching him caused him to turn around only to lock gazes with Oliver.

The boy stood staring directly at Addison. He was leaned against his locker with a tight hold on his phone, and an indistinct frown.

What the hell?

"Addison Westbrook, please report to the principal's office."

What the hell?

...

"Hi, Mr. Westbrook." Mr. Geyes gave him a tight-lipped smile and motioned for him to sit. "I need to talk to you about the cheer team."

"Ok."

"I don't know if there's any other way to say this...They're horrible. And I tried to give you a chance to whip them into shape, but with a game coming up with our "rival" school. I can't let them humiliate me--I mean us."

Addison wasn't surprised. "What are you saying?" he asked.

"The team will continue working on the festival, but they're cut from cheering until we find you a decent coach."

"Cut?"

"Cut."

"Mr. Geyes we're getting better. We need a little more time."

"Addison, it's your senior year. You should focus on college and your grades, not a helpless cheerleading squad."

Are they helpless? Yes. Can anyone but Addison call them that? Hell no.