{21}A Long Night Pt.2

Vote<3Comment<3Follow

Gabe and Oliver had been over for 3 hours now

Gabe and Oliver had been over for 3 hours now. There was a distinct smell of his father's cooking coming from downstairs and the humming sound from the heater that sat beside Addison's bed.

After a few minutes, Addison had finally got him to calm down. His head rested on his chest, face wet with tears. Oliver's eyes fluttered closed at the feeling of Addison's fingers combing lightly through his hair.

Little shushes and assuring words spilled from Addison's lips whenever he heard the faint sound of a sob or sniff, indicating the boy's distress.

Oliver slowly rose off of him, teary eyes gazing into Addison's.

"You okay?"

Oliver gave him a small smile, "Yeah. Thank you."

"For what?"

"All of this. I was horrible to you these past weeks. When it should have been you who was angry at me, I manipulated the whole situation. And now you're helping me after I took all of my problems out on you..."

Addison's hand slowly inched up to his cheek. "Although I didn't know who you were, I promised you that I would always be there for you. And I keep my promises."

Oliver's eyes peered down to the boy's lips. A second before he closed the little space between them. It was hardly a kiss, there was zero movement, just tender contact.

Addison took it as a 'Thank You'

After pulling away, they glanced briefly at each other before reconnecting.

Oliver planted his hands on both sides of the boy's face, gently brushing Addison's cheek and deepening their kiss. The second his tongue got involved the sound of a groan caused them to jump apart.

Gabe stood at the door with a grimace. "I should have knocked," he muttered. "So you're Addison." A smirk appeared on the boy's face.

Addison glanced at Oliver before nodding.

"You guys are more disgusting in real life than you are on the phone."

"Gabe," Oliver warned.

"What? Am I lying? The walls of that old shed are thin. And you're not particularly quiet." He turned back to Addison. "Did you know that he puts you on speaker-"

"-Gabriel!"

It was like watching Oliver argue with a smaller version of himself. They even had the same smirk.

"I thought you were a girl before he specified." The boy laughed, ignoring his brothers' complaints.

Addison's eyebrows rose. "How old are you?"

"14."

Makes sense.

"I mean, you should hear him talking about you. It's like a love-struck-"

"Stop." Oliver interrupted him by throwing a pillow his way, "Is there something that you need?"

"Yeah." The taunting smirk stayed on his face. "Your parents said that dinner was ready. It looks really good, better than pizza every night." He said the last part, looking directly at Oliver.

"Ok thank you. You can leave now." Oliver muttered. "Please."

Gabriel gave his brother another look before retreating back downstairs.

"Well he's..."

"A bitch." Oliver sighed. "An annoying bitch."

"No, he's not. He seems nice, he reminds me of you." Addison's face scrunched up, "Wait, if that's the case then yeah, he's a bitch."

Oliver flung a pillow to his face. "We are nothing alike."

"Come on Oliver, you guys are just alike."

...

Addison brought two extra chairs to the dinner table that night. He sat in between Gabe and Oliver, a big mistake.

"Wait, I want that one." Gabe slapped his brother's hand away from the bowl of chicken that sat in the middle of the table.

Addison's parents sent each other confused glances.

"Stop being so obnoxious Gabriel. You know that I like drumsticks."

"I like drumsticks too."

"Well, I'm older than you."

"But I'm more important." Gabe grabbed the drumstick and shoved it in his mouth. "Eat the flat loser."

"Only losers call other people losers, loser.

That was only one of their fights that night. And Addison had to sit in the middle of every single one of them.

Once everyone finished eating Addison's mother cleared her throat, "So Oliver and Gabe..." She started. "We wanted to talk to you about this..."

"Situation." His father continued. "We needed to talk about your situation."

"We don't know what happened, and we can't force it out of you. But you guys seem like really good kids." She kicked his father from under the table.

"Yeah, really good kids...So if you guys need to stay here for any reason. Our home is welcome, anytime. We just want you guys safe."

"You don't have to-"

"-Thank you so much. We will definitely take you up on that offer. Won't we Oliver?"

"Gabe-"

"-Please." His eyes were desperate and hopeful.

Oliver swallowed and turned back to Addison's parents, "Thank you so much. I swear we won't cause any problems."

"We know. Addison, you're okay with this right?"

"Of course."

"Oliver will sleep in your room. Gabe can have the guest bedroom upstairs."

Oh.

...

They all got ready for bed in complete silence. Until Gabe handed Oliver a condom out of his jacket and whispered, "Be safe." In his ear. That brewed up yet another argument between the two.

When all of that was over, Addison and Oliver crawled into bed.

"Addison," Oliver whispered.

"Huh?"

"I'm sorry for calling you selfish."

"It's fine." Addison turned his body to where they lay face to face.

"Thank you so much."

"You don't need to thank me. Get some sleep, it's been a long night."

After nodding, he let his eyes flutter shut.

It's been a long night indeed.

IIIIIIIIIIII

Thank you guys so much for reading this story! It means the world to me<3

Are you guys ready for this absolute 180 they're about to do next chapter?  Because I am. 

Don't forget to vote<3

Y'all stay safe