Deal Between Strangers

Začít od začátku

"Mami, what's wrong?" He asks as soon as he sees who is holding him. Pepa has a growing cloud above her head, turning into a deep shade of grey that made him more worried.

"Aye, Camilo, I need to speak to you about dinner." She whispers out, trying to calm herself by playing with her hair, "It is very important."

Camilo raises a brow before noticing his father waving him over, looking serious for the first time in ages. He takes a deep breath in and takes hold of his mother's hand, walking towards Fèlix.

When they are away from the family, Pepa takes Camilo's hands tightly in her own. "My son, I have to tell you something." She begins, voice wavering a little before Fèlix rests a hand on her shoulder.

Her son watches her with careful eyes, slowly reaching out a hand in case she needed it. Pepa clears her throat, "Your... Your Abuela has organised something with the L/N family, and we—I had just found out because she told me a few minutes ago."

He waits, furrowed brows as he squeezes her palms. "Mami, wait a second." He says quietly, "Try to relax first, casita will be in the middle of a tsunami if you continue. It's alright, take your time."

Pepa is eternally grateful for her children, always so patient and loving. Fèlix and herself must've done such a wonderful job.

"He is right, mi vida." Fèlix claims, sending his wife a smile, "Take your time."

She loves this man with her whole entire life

A few moments of reassurance later, the clouds above them are dispersing and Pepa is able to think properly. Fèlix lays a gentle kiss to her forehead, nodding towards their son.

She turns to Camilo with a determined expression. But is cut off at the sound of casita's front door's opening.

"Oh no." Pepa mumbles, lightning striking the floor in between them.

"Camilo, go help your cousins, I will calm down your mother." Fèlix asks of his son.

Camilo listens, hugging Pepa one last time before moving off downstairs. He sneaks passed Abuela, who is greeting the guests.

"Welcome to la casa de la familia Madrigal." Abuela says, happy tone as she shakes hands with two people, one of them notably being Mr L/N.

Camilo takes one look, not seeing anyone else in front of Abuela before getting into the dining room and finishing off whatever needed to be done.

Then Abuela entered the dining room. She wears a joyous grin on her face before speaking up, "Please take your seats. Our guests have arrived."

Each of the families sat on one side on the table, Abuel being at the head and leaving at the other end for the guests. Camilo watched as his parents entered, Pepa still looking shaken up and Fèlix keeping his eyes on his wife. They sat down soon after.

Here entered the L/N's.

Mr L/N is giving a friendly smile as he enters with his wife. "Thank you for inviting us into your home, familia Madrigal." He speaks up, arm wrapped around the woman beside him.

She says, sporting the same coloured outfits as her husband, "We hope it wasn't a hassle."

Julietta then states, "No, it wasn't. We are always happy to cook for friends."

A few more greetings before Mr and Mrs L/N take their seats. There is one seat empty, making everyone glance around to each other. An awkward silence falls over the two families before Mrs L/N begins to apologise for the delay.

Before she gets to the cause, the front doors open and hurried footsteps are heard.

"La excusa!" The person calls, panting a little while she fixes her blouse, "I was caught up with work and lost track of time, I apologise."