Deal Between Strangers

CTTO: mari-mari-maricela

⇨encanto

⇨camilo x fem reader

⇨ in which the madrigal family and l/n family are connecting together, but only through a seemingly unwilling proposal.

"We will be having another family at dinner tonight, so everyone please be on their best behaviour." Abuela states, setting herself down at the head of the table for breakfast. Everyone suddenly turns their eyes to her. "You all know of the L/N family, correct?"

"How could we forget?" Fèlix chuckles, leaning back in his chair, "The head of the L/N family came here from out of Encanto, and they're pretty impressive, aye?"

Augustin hums out, putting down his glass of juice, "Yes, they're a family of mechanics. Their inventions are magnificent."

"Yes, they are." Abuela says, tilting her head up to her family, "They've reached wondrous feats, which is why we've decided that our families will be working together to keep Encanto safe from harm."

Mirabel furrows. "How are we going to do that?" She questions cautiously.

"That will all be explained when dinner comes along." Abuela reassures them.

But everyone already knows.

As soon as breakfast is done, all the cousins as heading out to town together. Dolores is the first to speak up.

"I hear Abuela talking to someone earlier this morning, I think it was Mr L/N." She explains, looking at each of her cousins and siblings, "There was something about how both of our families combined would be able to give Encanto a good start to the next generation, whatever that means."

Luisa then huffs out, hands on her hips, "Oh no, this isn't another one of their arranged marriages, is it?"

The rest look scared now. Who would be the unlucky pick?

"Well that sucks, but at least we'll be able to have some mechanics around casita." Camilo says, trying to make the sun shine a little bit brighter.

"What if they try to marry me off again?" Isabela mumbles, holding her cheek in her palm.

Mirabel shakes her head. "There's no way, especially since Abuela knows how your last one went down." She states, hand on her bag strap, "Congrats on your four year anniversary by the way, Dolores."

"Ah, thank you." She squeaks in return.

"Are you sure Mr L/N even has any sons?" Antonio suddenly speaks up, grabbing everyone's attention.

Nobody answers. Because nobody knows.

"He could have a son." Luisa mentions, "But... we don't know for sure."

"There you have it!" Camilo chimes happily, dusting his hands off, "No arranged marriages for la familia Madrigal. Now let's go, the town needs helping!"

Antonio follows after his brother with joy, ready to do as he needed to.

Dolores and Isabela share a look before sighing, walking off to do their part.

"How else would they join our families together then?" Mirabel questions, looking to her strong older sister.

Luisa shrugs her shoulders, tilting her head. "Maybe this is just another deal between families."

Hours would pass before dinner had struck, and everyone was nervous about it.

Camilo sets the table along with Antonio, Dolores, Mirabel and Augustin, not minding having to do the extra plates and cutlery. He's about to make a joke with them when he feels a tug on his shoulder.