26

Jeon Hwihyeol's POV

I watch over Gaeul as she dances to That's My Girl together with Yujin, Wonyoung, Jiwon, and Rei. She's already drunk and won't let us bring her inside. 

"That's my girl!" she shouted, making me chuckle at the side. 

The music ended, and Ryujin played "My All" next. It's a TikTok trend, I guess. She joined the five in the middle, and the Kim twins also joined them. 

I burst out laughing while they danced. Minju is also dying of laughter as she films them. They won't run out of energy. 

Yeji played the song again, and they gave Gaeul a chance to do a solo performance. I fell on my knees laughing while Gaeul gave it her all. She's funny as hell. 

( https://vt.tiktok.com/ZSe4WBFTv/ )

"Ahh, I'm tired now," she said, leaving the space in the middle and laying down on her back on the wooden bench. 

I stood up and went to her. I laughed a little and took a handkerchief out of my pocket. I gently wipe the beads of sweat from her forehead and neck. She flutters her eyes open and stares at me for a second. 

"Leave me alone, Jeon Hwihyeol." she said, swatting my hand away. 

"Why? Did I do something?" I asked. 

"You're making my heart flutter. Get away from me." she said. She has become more honest now huh. 

"I'm sorry." I said, and she looked away. 

"An Yujin! Give me a shot!" she shouted, getting up as quickly as she could, then running away from me. 

Kim Gaeul's POV

My vision is blurry and my head is spinning, but I managed to run away from Hwihyeol. I know what's going to come next. That's why I ran away. 

I drank the shot Yujin poured for me and I got more dizzy. I put my elbow on the table and rested my head on my palm. 

"What's with you, Gel?" Jiwon asked, looking at me. 

I shake my head and I see her coming towards me. Please leave me alone for now, Hyeol. I don't have full control of my words and actions right now, and I don't want to make fun of myself in front of you. 

The speaker started to play another song, and fuck you Kim Chaewon for playing Strawberries and Cigarettes. 

I would like to ask for Heejin's help, but she's cuddling with Hyunjin right now and I don't want to ruin their moment, so I didn't have the choice but to stay put in my seat. 

"Gyal," she said, in the softest voice. 

I stared at her while her favorite song was playing in the background. She's still the prettiest girl to me, even though I'm drunk as hell. 

I want to tell her how beautiful she is. I want to tell her how much I love her eyes, her lips, her nose, her hair, and everything about her. 

I want to tell her I love her, but I don't want to get hurt. 

"Let me bring you upstairs to your room," she said, reaching out for my hand. 

I gave it to her without hesitation. She's Hwihyeol. I know she'll take care of me. 

I caught a glimpse of her smiling before she picked me up in bridal style. My heart leaped out of my chest as she held me in her arms. Am I hallucinating or is this for real? Is this a dream? If it is, then I don't want to wake up from it. 

"Hold onto me tight, Gyal." she said. 

I've been holding on to you for so long already, Hwihyeol. 

I wrapped my arms around her neck, and she carefully carried me to my room. Now I can fully feel the effects of all the alcohol I consumed. 

As she gently placed me on my bed, I felt the soft mattress on my back. I forced myself to open my eyes even though my eyelids felt really heavy already. I saw her opening my closet to get a clean shirt before she went back to me. 

"Here, change your shirt before you go to sleep." she said, handing me the shirt. 

"Can you manage?" she asked, and I shook my head in answer. I can't even get up right now even if I wanted to. 

"I'll change your clothes. Is that okay?" she asked, and I nodded. 

She helped me to sit up, letting me lean on her while she took off my shirt. She threw it in my laundry basket before putting the clean one on me. She laid me down again and put my blanket over me. 

"Don't leave, please," I mumbled when she got up from my bed. 

"I won't. I'll be back in a second, don't worry," she said and went somewhere. 

I was about to fall asleep when I heard noises and then felt something wet on my face. I opened my eyes again and saw nothing but Hwihyeol. 

Hwihyeol. Hwihyeol. Hwihyeol. She's the only thing I can see. But what about her? Can she see me? 

"Let me just wipe your face," she said in almost a whisper. 

I smiled and did nothing else. She wiped my face with wet wipes in the gentlest way she knew. How can I not love her when she always treats me like I'm the most vulnerable thing in this world? 

"Close your eyes," she said, and I did. Even with my eyes closed. All I can see is still her. Am I that in love with her? 

"Done."

I opened my eyes and there she was, smiling at me. She put away the wipes and I pulled her beside me, using the remaining strength I had. 

"Please stay with me," I said, almost inaudibly. 

She nodded and laid down beside me. I hugged her and she hugged me back. Can I just stay here, please? 

I feel lightheaded. 

"You're the only thing on this planet worth worshipping, Hyeol." I said it. I couldn't hold it in. 

She let out a sad smile. 

"Thank you, Gyal." I can feel her sincerity, but her smile remains the same. 

"But please let me heal first." she said as she caressed my face gently. 

"I can't promise you anything, Gaeul, but please let me finish loving her first. I don't want to love you back while I'm still not done loving her. You deserve the best, Gyal, and I will only be able to give you the best when I'm completely healed from everything." 

I smiled at her. 

"You don't have to promise me anything. I'll wait for you no matter what, because there's no one else for me, Hwihyeol. I begin and end with you." 

I'll wait for you no matter how long it takes. I don't care how this ends, as long as it's you. 

To whatever end, Jeon Hwihyeol.