16

Jeon Hwihyeol's POV

I sat outside Kim's residence waiting for Hyunjin. She said she wanted to see the sunset with me, but it is already dark and she's still not here. I let out a heavy sigh.

I heard the sound of her car, making me stand up. She parked her car in the driveway, but when the door opened, it was not Hyunjin. It's Heejin who got out of the driver's seat.

Oh.

My twin hurriedly went to the other side of the car and opened the door. Hyunjin gets off her car.

"Hyun" I called her, interrupting their eye contact.

"Hyeol" she skipped towards me.

My heart stung when she hugged me. She smells like Heejin. I don't like it.

"I thought we were going to see the sunset, Hyun?" I looked at her.

"Oh, shit. I forgot." she said, making me chuckle bitterly. She never ditched me. This is the first time.

"Hyeol, I'm sorry," she sincerely apologized. 

"It's alright, Hyunjin" 

As long as you're happy, it's alright. 

"You should head inside. It's getting cold out here," I smiled at her, guiding her towards the front door. 

She apologized again and invited me to come inside, but I refused. I turned around and walked past Heejin. 

"Hyeol, I'm sorry. I didn't know you two had plans" she followed behind me. 

"It's alright," I said. What else can I do? 

I entered our house and went straight to my room. I ordered a dinner for the both of us, but I lost my appetite. 

I lay down on my bed and stared at my ceiling. I lifted my right hand up and stared at the ring on my finger. It's a promise ring that Hyunjin gave me. She also has one, and I won't give up as long as she still wears it.

I heard a knock on my door. I just know that it's Heej because, duh, it's just the two of us here. I didn't bother to fix my position and told her to come in. 

"What's up?" I spoke, still looking at my ceiling. 

"I have to tell you something, Hyeol." there's heaviness in her voice. 

I feel bad about this. Did I lose already? 

My body started to numb and I forced myself to get up, sitting up on my bed. 

"What is it, bro?" I forced a smile. 

"We agreed to play fair, right?" 

"Right," I said as I nodded and tapped the space beside me, signaling her to sit. 

"Well, Hyunjin and I went to the park."

This is going to hurt, isn't it? 

"Hyeol, she told me something."

Heejin, I don't want to hear it. 

She let out a frustrated sigh. She seemed to be finding a way to tell me what she had to say to me. 

"I'm all ears, Heej," I said, giving her a comforting smile. 

"I'm sorry." She looked at me with worried eyes. The same eyes she gives me whenever I get hurt. The same eyes she used to give me whenever I tripped back when we were kids.The same eyes she gives me whenever I get a scolding from our parents. The same eyes whenever I hit my head with my own hands whenever I make a mistake.