16

Chapter Sixteen: Bouquet Of Roses
3rd Person's Pov

It's been a little over a year now ever since what happened back then at Mount Alve. To most of the citizens in South Korea, it's been a mystery as to what really happened on that day. The police ruled it out as suicide, but the citizens were quick to judge them. They didn't believe it one bit, well, most of them.

And the boys? What exactly happened to them?

Well, after the officers answered all their questions, they were free to go. Of course, their contact information were still asked, and they gladly gave it to them. In hopes for more information, they'll contact the witnesses. Especially the boyfriend, Jaesung.

Jaesung went back to their hometown the next day, dark circles below his eyes confirmed the rhetorical question his family gave him: "Did you get some sleep last night?"

He didn't. He was so hurt. And to think he didn't say anything to the police, or to Haeyun's parents yet broke him. Of course, he told his in-laws eventually, they weren't happy. In fact, they trash talked Jaesung and his family and crossed several lines. He deserved it, he thought, after all, he was supposed to protect his girlfriend. Not let her die!

The seven boys, Seokjin, Yoongi, Hoseok, Namjoon, Jimin, Taehyung, and Jungkook all stayed connected. Sure, they avoided each other every now and then to get some fresh air and not remember the tragic incident, but it was rare these past few weeks.

Jimin invited Hoseok and Jungkook over for a reunion with their old classmates. Of course, the boy also invited the others, but much to his dismay, they all turned down his request.

They didn't want to see each other again. Especially Namjoon.

It was...a heartbreaking time and they didn't want to refresh their minds with what happened that day. It was all pushed back into the past and they all needed to live on and accept that. Crying and screeching won't bring her back, it certainly won't.

It's time they grow up and move on.

But a little linger of guilt stuck with Taehyung. Of course, he wanted to apologize to Haeyun's parents in person, but he has no way of contact with them. Even Jaesung's phone number he didn't have! How else was he supposed to get hold of them?

Coincidences happen, and by some miracle, Taehyung met Haeyun's family at a restaurant Taehyung was meeting up with a client with. And yes, it was the Yang's restaurant. But Taehyung didn't know it was theirs, so he didn't do anything.

It was like the gods didn't want him to know, didn't want him to apologize to her parents who are so close yet so far. It was within Taehyung's reach, closure, but it was so hard to grab. In the end, he passed by the opportunity.

But what could he do? He didn't know.

"Stop sulking," Taehyung's coworker said. "It's been half an hour since you arrived and all you've done is sulk and take a few sips of your coffee."

"Oh."

"Oh?" His coworker laughed. "You really are something, Kim Taehyung."

The male finally snapped out of thoughts and glared at Mij, his coworker at a big company in Seoul. "I'm not sulking."

"You definitely are."

It was just the two of them working on their floor that day. The rest of the architects were on the 2nd and 3rd floor, while they rested on the 1st.

"Do you know what day is it today, Mij?" Taehyung asked his extroverted coworker.

"My wife's birthday?" Mij suddenly gasped and glanced at his wristwatch.

"God, Mij! You forgot your wife's birthday?!" Taehyung accused him of being a horrible husband.

"Yeah, I did." Mij cringed at the thought of getting lectured later at home. "I'll just get her some jewelry on the way home."

Taehyung rolled his eyes mentally and faced the window, his grip tightened around his cup of coffee.

"It's her death anniversary," Taehyung said after a few moments.

"God, whose?" Mij glanced up from his desk.

"Haeyun."

"I'm confused." Mij grabbed a pen and wrote something down on his sticky note pad.

Taehyung glanced back at his coworker and gave him a pout. "You're not listening."

"No, I ain't, sherlock," Mij said as he ripped the sticky note off the pad and ran towards the door. "I'll be back in twenty!"

"Mij—" but before Taehyung could finish what he said, the door slammed shut, leaving no traces of his eager coworker.

Now it was just Taehyung all alone in the 1st floor of their company building. He wonders if he should take the day off or go up to the 2nd floor and get something in the cafeteria.

"Screw it."

Taehyung stood up and threw his cup of coffee in the nearby trashcan as he walked out of the building. It was a Friday anyway, he can take the day off.

He waved at the guard who sat in front of the building, thanking him for protecting them as usual. He walked to the nearby flower shop and got a bouquet of roses, sniffing them and relaxing at the sweet scent.

It was relaxing, the scent of flowers. It was somewhat calming and reassuring that everything will be alright. No wonder it's a huge item to be bought as presents or offerings.

He hopped in his car, placing the bouquet on the passenger seat and drove to the place he had been debating over. It was the least he could do, after all, she's safe now.

As he made it to the cemetery, he took the bouquet and walked around. Once he reached her resting place, he knelt down and placed the bouquet right beside the other flowers that were placed.

He clasped his hands together and closed his eyes.

"I hope you're doing well, Haeyun."

And with that, we finished Guilty, everybody! Hshshshs I'm so glad! Thank you for the reads and votes, I'll forever be grateful! I'm not sure if I'll be working on any new fanfictions after this one, I love writing, I really do, but I'm slowly losing interest in kpop. So I wonder if I'll continue writing about it! We'll see. But for now, this is Miyumin, signing off!