09

Chapter Nine: Silence And Home
3RD PERSON'S POV

"I'm evil, very evil," Taehyung sat on his bed, eyes on the floor and fingers fiddling with his blanket. "So evil."

He looks at his door, the light from the hallway shining through the cracks, he can see shadows that belonged to his friends. He can tell they were laughing with one another, having fun and lighting the day.

Wish he could do that too.

But no, he's just sulking in his room. Face wet from all the tears.

"Jimin, no!" He hears Hoseok yell. "Give me my phone back! Don't scroll!"

"Jungkook tackle him! Let's check his selfies!" Jimin's laughter echoed through the hallway, footsteps thudding on the wooden floors.

It seemed like they moved on from what happened. Maybe Taehyung should do the same. But he's still shocked and hurt. What's worse is that he knows Namjoon is mad.

"He's mad at me."

And without a second passing by, he immediately flops down on the bed and just looks at the ceiling. The dark room felt like ti was caging him with his thoughts. With his heart. With himself. A monster. A complete monster.

His eyes landed on the window that stood in front of the bed, the curtains preventing him from seeing the outside.

"Maybe..."

He sits up, his back on the headboard, he's thinking. It felt like the angels and gods were watching him and his every movement, like any harsh movement would devour him.

His head hurts, it was filled with jumbled thoughts and his heart ached even more. His heart ached the worst. It felt like it was about to explode the moment he saw her down there... all bloody, bruised, and completely lifeless. He did that to her. He caused that.

But at the same time there was some part of his body that didn't feel like it was his fault. She chose to help him, and she sat on a broken swing. What did she expect?

And that broke Taehyung.

He knows he's supposed to feel bad, to apologize with all his heart and to do something. But nothing. He did nothing but cry. Even his own friend can't even protect him and stay by his side, so who would?

"Stop sulking," he heard a voice say.

His head spun in all directions to look for the person who spoke, but he saw nobody. Nothing. It was just him all alone in his room.

"You won't find me," the voice said again. "I'm invisible to all human eyes."

"W-who are you? What do you want from me?" Taehyung's voice held a tone of fear and defensiveness.

"I'm not gonna hurt you, I'm here to help you," the voice said.

"Well... show yourself!" Taehyung couldn't help but yell.

"Don't shout," the voice said. "I'm not here to cause trouble. I just wanna take some weight off your shoulders."

"How?" Taehyung suddenly became calm.

"It wasn't your fault, it wasn't hers either," the voice said. "Don't cry, it isn't gonna bring her back."

"What's your point? I'm a monster!" He said as tears began dropping down on his face.

"I said don't cry. You're human, you're no monster," the voice was calm as ever.

Taehyung squeezed his pillow tight, afraid that if he cried even more he would frustrate the voice. "I'm sorry."

"I know you are," the voice said. "It'll be fine, kiddo. We all make mistakes, and you're forgiven."

"Forgiven?" Taehyung sobs out.

"Forgiven."

How? What? Taehyung was so confused that he just stopped crying, he starred at the ground and tried to process what the voice said. He killed Haeyun but he's forgiven? Is that okay? Is that fair?

A knock was suddenly heard from the door, Taehyung's head spun immediately to its direction.

"Tae? Can I come in?" Yoongi's soft voice said.

"Y-yes," Tae sighs, his hands finding their way to his rosy cheeks to wipe its tears. "Come in."

The door knob clicks and the aching sound of a wooden door scrapping across the wooden floor occurred. That sound ached Taehyung for some reason.

"You doing fine?" Yoongi walked slowly to Taehyung, sitting right beside him after, giving him head pats.

Taehyung nods, eyes not daring to even look at Yoongi's, he was afraid that he would see his reflection in his hyung's eyes, and there, he would see a monster.

"You seem even more upset now," Yoongi said. "Are you really okay?"

"Yeah, just scared," Taehyung said, which wasn't a complete lie. He was just busy thinking about the voice.

"Don't be," the older pulled him into a hug, and there, he felt safe. Very safe.

"Thank you," he whispers, arms wrapping around the older's body.

"What for, bud?"

"For not leaving me."

Yoongi smiled when he said that. He could never leave Taehyung, never! No matter what he's done, he'll always be there to protect him from his thoughts. His negative thought bubbles.

The door opened again, this time, three males entered as they looked at Taehyung closely. Their movements were quiet and careful, like if they stepped on the floor too loud they would crack Taehyung's fragile body.

"Are you okay?" Hoseok asks.

Taehyung nods, a slight smile forming on his lips.

"We're glad," Jungkook said. "Take it easy, don't blame it on yourself."

A simple 'okay' was the only thing that Taehyung formed in that moment. He felt safe, surrounded by people who still trusted him. He felt at home.

"Do you wanna eat dinner now?" Jimin's voice laced a gentle tone.

"Please," Tae smiled.

And in that moment, he was grateful. He was grateful that he had a home.

"Home is not a place, but a feeling."

next update's on Dec!!