08

Chapter Eight: Arguments And Frowns

"Namjoon," Seokjin's words pierced through the male's ears. "Namjoon you can't just ignore me."

The male remained still in his seat, eyes focused on the television, remote in his hand and glasses put on. He seemed to be ignoring them, pretending everyone is invisible.

"You're so hard-headed," the oldest grunts and rolls his eyes. "So annoying."

The younger turned around and locked eyes with the older. "What do you mean 'annoying'?! May I remind you who killed that innocent—"

"—Don't start that, Kim Namjoon," the oldest raised a finger in front of his face. "He's already hurt, he even refuses to eat dinner."

"Well maybe he can think of turning himself in," Namjoon's voice sounded like he was angry, very angry.

"Turning himself in—" Seokjin sighs. "Are you going insane, do you need help?!"

"No! You need help! You all do!" Namjoon shouts, standing up, making the older flinch due to his tone. "Haeyun did nothing to you!"

"Taehyung did nothing to you!" The older yells back. "He's just a kid!"

The younger glances at him like he's joking. "Pfft, stop lying to reality, Jin! He's a mur—"

"Stop it!" Yoongi enters the living room, a potato in his hand. "I'm smacking this on both of your heads if you don't shut up!"

They both glanced him an odd look.

"Taehyung's been crying nonstop in his room for the past half an hour because he could hear you both yelling at each other! You jerks, he's hurt! You're not helping, none of you," he sighs, if Yoongi was in a cartoon smoke would be escaping through his ears.

"Sorry," Seokjin waves his hand. "Namjoon's just hard to talk to."

"Whatever," the said male sits back down, eyes focusing on the television.

Yoongi gives them both one last death glare before walking back up the stairs, the potato still in his hand.

"Why was he carrying a potato anyway?" Seokjin's mind runs with thoughts.

"Is he okay?" Jimin asked as Hoseok closes the door behind him. They both stood in the hallway outside of Taehyung's room.

Hoseok sighs, eyes closing and opening. "He's fine, he just needs space and time."

"Understandable," the younger male sighs, sitting down on the highest step on the staircase.

"How about you? Are you okay?" Hoseok asked, sitting down beside him, patting his back.

"I guess, I'm just worried," he glances at the older who insisted to let him keep going. "I'm scared of what will happen to us. To Tae."

"I understand," Hoseok sighs. "But this is life and we've gotta think of something, even if it's not necessarily the most honest option."

"Are you saying we lie to the police?" Jimin's eyes widen, scared to continue speaking.

"No, of course not, dummy," the older chuckles, hitting Jimin lightly on the arm. "We shouldn't do that, we've gotta come clean eventually."

"So what do we do?" Jimin's eyebrows creased as he starred at the older who was playing with the hem of his jacket.

"No clue yet," he responded.

Footsteps can be heard arriving towards them and Jungkook stood in front of them. "What are you both doing here? How's Taehyung?"

"We need to give him some space," Jimin responded, moving to the right, making space for Jungkook to sit down. "Where'd you go?"

"I followed Yoongi hyung down, I saw him stopping Seokjin and Namjoon hyung from fighting," the youngest sighed, pulling his hoodie up his head.

"Poor you, you didn't have to see that," Hoseok mumbles, his orange hair moving along the wind.

"I'm a grown up now," the younger of the two glanced at him, his eyes narrowing.

"You're still our little one tho," Hoseok smiles at him, his happy aura never fails to be contagious.

"Hopefully things get better soon," Jungkook sighs. "I'm afraid we'll all have a hard time moving on from what happened. That thing can scar."

"I wonder how Jaesung's holding up," Jimin glanced down the staircase. "He was the first one to return back to the cabin, I saw him crying a little."

"I feel bad, awful, actually," Jungkook fiddles with his fingers. "I can feel his pain for some reason."

"Me too," Hoseok nods.

Yoongi walks up the stairs, eyes landing on the three who sat before him. "What are you doing here?"

"Talking," Jimin said. "Nothing much."

"Waiting for Tae to agree to eat dinner," Hoseok grins. "How about you? And what's with the potato?"

"I was about to throw this across them both," Yoongi turns his head and refers to Seokjin and Namjoon. "Their yelling aches my head."

"And my heart," Jungkook frowns.

Yoongi gives him a disgusted look. "Sap," he said.

"What do we do?" Hoseok asked the older.

"Wait," he replies, eyes landing on them three who all held their heads low, frowning. "Stop frowning."

"We can't help it," Jimin looks up at him with sad eyes. "It's been a rough day, barely any smiles took place."

"We'll be leaving tomorrow, calm down," Yoongi sighed, walking pass them. "I'll be in my room."

"Kay-kay," Jungkook said, not sparring the older a glance.

"Okay, we need to stop being sad," Hoseok glanced at the two younger beside him. "Cheer up."

"I don't know anymore," the youngest responded. Jimin nods along, eyes remaining focus on the ground.

"Well," Hoseok thinks of a topic to talk about. And suddenly, a lightbulb popped in his mind.

"Hm?" Jungkook asked, noticing his change of expression.

"Why'd you think Yoongi brought the potato back to his room?" Hoseok chuckles.