02

Chapter Two: Sketchy Parking Lots And Cabin Neighbors
3RD PERSON'S POV

After an hour of driving, they've finally arrived at the bottom of the mountain where a small parking lot is awaiting them.

"We're officially at Mount Alve!" Seokjin cheers happily as he parks the van in the parking lot, opposite the entrance.

"Finally," Taehyung let out a sigh. "My back is aching from sitting here for a full hour," he said. Seokjin rolls his eyes at his comment.

"Wake up, hyung," Jimin said as he shook Yoongi's body that laid beside his. "We're here."

"Goodness," Jungkook groans at the back. "I have a bad gut feeling about this vacation."

"You worry too much, isn't this science? 'Don't trust gut feelings' stuff?" Hoseok made air quotes using his fingers as he laughed at the younger.

"Stop joking around, hyung," the youngest of the two rolls his eyes, putting on his sneakers that he took off midway the ride.

The seven men gathered their bags, luggages and last threads of sanity before they leave the car and walk drastically to the bottom of the tall mountain.

"Heck," Yoongi groans. "Are we walking up all THAT?" He asked as he points up to the tip of the mountain.

"Uh, yeah. Seems like it," Namjoon sighed, already walking up towards the wooden staircase that was built beside the mountain.

Yoongi groans and rolls his eyes, looking at Seokjin and mouthing the words 'why did you pick this bloody place?!' in which the older laughed in response.

As they walked up the long staircase that seemed like it was built a hundred years ago, they finally reached the cabins. There are three small wooden cabins— er, houses, that stood before them.

"Which ones ours?" Taehyung asked the older male, who stood beside him, clutching his backpack real tight.

"Cabin three," Seokjin exclaims as they all spot the cabin with the number 3 carved on it's wooden roof.

They all place their luggage down as Seokjin attempts to open the door with the key he got from the owner who rented this place.

The wind seems to be a little stronger than usual, they all thought a typhoon was 'bouta hit until Hoseok searched the weather for the week, and it said 'clear skies' only.

"Why won't this bloody door open?!" Seokjin groans as he pulls out the key and kicks the wooden door instead.

"Are you sure you have the right key?" Jimin asked as he stepped forward and took the key Seokjin held. "Real estate agents might get keys mixed up."

"For God's sake!" Seokjin exclaims as he sat down on the wooden chair on their patio. "This is a cabin, not some house on sale!"

"Same thing," Jimin whispered. "I'm the professional here."

"Bloody hell—" but before Seokjin could finish his sentence, a male and a female walked up to the seven.

"Hi guys," the male said, running a hand through his dark purple hair. "Need some help?"

"Goodness, yes please," Taehyung sighed as he step aside to make way for him.

The male taps Jimin on the shoulder, in which Jimin hands him the key to their cabin, face flushing red in embarrassment.

"I'm Haeyun, call me Hae for short," she reaches her hand out to Jungkook who just looked at her hand like it was some science discovery.

"Uh," Namjoon nudges his shoulder. "Shake her hand."

Jungkook snapped back to reality and embarrassingly shake Haeyun's hand, she flashes him a quick smile in which he looks away, blushing.

"It looks like we'll be neighbors, yeah?" Haeyun said as she looked at the seven pairs of eyes that stared at her.

"Neighbors?" Yoongi asked, "Clarify, please," he asks, voice a little hoarse.

Haeyun giggles as she shakes her hand, "I didn't mean to creep you out," she said as she tilts her hair to the side. "Me and Jaesung are staying at cabin two."

The youngest member of the seven looks directly at the cabin across theirs, the number 2 carved on its roof. Suddenly, he felt uneasy. He felt like his stomach was tight around his body and his mind was processing buzz noises like a broken TV. That gut feeling came even worse.

"There," Jaesung exclaimed as he managed to open the cabin door, giving the keys back to Jimin as he walked back towards Haeyun. "Gotta manage it, folks," he said in the worst countryside accent the seven ever heard.

"We'll be in our cabin if you need us, maybe we can have some Korean barbecue later?" Haeyun exclaims with a bright smile, a smile almost too good to be true.

"Sure," Namjoon agrees in which Yoongi pinches his back. "Ow."

"No no, it's alright!" Yoongi gives a side smirk and waves his hands in the air before taking his luggage and walking inside the cabin.

"You sure?" Jaesung asked, wrapping his arm around Haeyun's waist. "We brought loads of meat!"

"We'll see," Hoseok smiles. "We've got a lot of food too!"

"Oh, okay then!" And just like that, Haeyun and Jaesung walked back towards their cabin, closing the door before them.

Namjoon sighed. "Great neighbors," he said as he took his backpack and walked inside the cabin, followed by Seokjin, Jimin and Hoseok.

The two youngest of the group, Taehyung and Jungkook, stayed outside.

"Hey uh," Jungkook mumbles. "Do you have an awful gut wrenching feeling right now?"

"Yeah," Taehyung said, placing a hand on his stomach.

"I don't feel safe here, something's about to happen," Jungkook said, tucking his hair behind his ear.

"Same," Taehyung said, Jungkook smiles at him weakly, finally! Someone understood him, he smiles at the older— "I've gotta use the bathroom."

And there he goes, running inside the cabin as he carried his heavy backpack along.

Oh gosh. No one understands.

Jungkook sighs as he picks up his backpack that he placed on the floor, he takes one last look at Haeyun and Jaesung's cabin, then suddenly his heart started beating faster.

They weren't safe.

It's science.

Trust your gut feeling.