06

Chapter Six: True Friends And Sacrifices
3RD PERSON'S POV

"Oh would you stop dili-daling and help me cover her body?!" Seokjin says with lost patience.

"But she's dead," Taehyung looks at him. "How are you so invested in wanting to clear our traces?" He asked with a broken-hearted tone.

"Because," the oldest stopped midway, thinking of the correct words to say. "'Cause I don't want you to get in trouble. You're like my little brother."

The rest of them looked at Seokjin who stopped in his tracks, fingers fiddling with each other.

"Plus, I care for you, and I care for Haeyun too. So the sooner we clear the traces then the sooner we can pray for her soul," Seokjin said with a shaky sigh. "And if no one is gonna help me then that's all fine, just know you choose to walk away instead of making it easier for her soul."

Yoongi, who's right back on the rocky path decided to step away once more, eyes merely closing and legs shaking, he wasn't gonna be a part of this, no he can't! He has a reputation to keep for sheep's sake! He's a producer, not a murderer.

But then again, he didn't killed anyone, he's just cleaning after, right?

"C'mon," Seokjin said before returning back to his work. "If anyone wants to help, you may."

"You're making this sound like it's just cleaning a kitchen counter, but it's not," Namjoon spoke with confidence. "We're cleaning traces of a dead body."

"You know you can leave," Jimin said, walking towards Seokjin and taking a rock from the ground. "No one is forcing you to stay."

"That's right, I'll leave, and once you all get in trouble, I won't be involved," Namjoon scoffed, walking back up the rocky path and leaving the five men speechless.

Jimin takes the rock and a couple other small pebbles before piercing them through the leaf Seokjin covered Haeyun's body with. He uses the rocks as nails to make sure the leaf won't fly away with the wind.

Jungkook hesitated at first, of course, until he closed his eyes and begged the Gods and angels to forgive him for all his sins, asking them to bring Haeyun's soul to heaven. Then soon after, he helped Seokjin and Jimin.

Taehyung just stood there frozen, clearly shocked from the sudden event. He stopped crying, but his skin turned paler than usual and eventually, he snapped back to reality.

"Tae," Seokjin whispers, his voice was so sweet and soft that it made the younger's body ease to calmness. "You don't have to help or anything. I know what happened must've clammed into a bomb of shock in your body."

"N-no, I'll help," Taehyung smiles, trying his best to form a 'thank you' since the oldest didn't decide to run away and ditch them like Namjoon, but he couldn't mutter up the words.

"This is insane," Yoongi said, making the four look back and notice he remained still on where he was standing. "But can you all promise me once we get home I hope none of you will speak about this to anyone?"

"Promise," Seokjin said, Jimin nods and Jungkook smiles faintly at him. Taehyung just starred at him, expecting the older to walk away and tell on them, but he didn't.

Instead, Yoongi walks over to the rest and joined them with what they were doing.

"I'll go by the lake to get water to clean the blood because once it dries up the ground will stain dark red," Seokjin said with a smile, patting Taehyung's shoulder before walking away.

At least things won't be so bad now, right?

Taehyung closed his eyes and suddenly everything around him felt peaceful, all he heard was the usual rocks hitting the ground and leaves being dragged on the soil, but other than that, he felt at peace.

"I'm sorry that you had to lose your life to try and help me, Haeyun. I'm sure you're a great person and I wish you peace and eternal rest. Please forgive me." He thought, and after a couple seconds pass by, the darkness surrounding his vision as his eyes closed turned a little clearer and slowly faded to white. Taehyung thought he was delusional but he swore he heard birds chirping.

Maybe it was Haeyun's sign that she forgave him? No? Yes? Impossible? Maybe?

Taehyung smiled a little, eyes still shut and posture calming, he knew she forgave him.

"What on earth?!"

Well that's what brought Taehyung back to reality, eyes opening and vision clearing, his tears didn't fall down anymore, except he released a loud gasp as he saw who stood beside him.

Hoseok and Jaesung.