05

Chapter Five: Just Completely Nothing
3RD PERSON'S POV

"Hae."

Taehyung walks over to the female who was pouting on the broken swing. She doesn't hear him at first, so he clears his throat, causing her to turn around instantly.

"Oh," she sighs. "Hey."

"You seem sad, what's up?" He asks her, sitting down on the steep edge.

"I don't know," she replies, scratching her head. "Jaesung just feels distant, you know."

"Distant?" Taehyung looks at her with concern. "You guys seemed really close earlier."

Haeyun doesn't reply, she's obviously sad, so instead she points into the distance. Taehyung, confused as always, looks at where she points at- or at least, where he thinks she's pointing at.

"You see there?" She speaks, voice a little sadder.

"What? What do you mean? I see nothing, Hae," he said with embarrassment.

"Exactly," she shrugs her shoulders slightly. "Nothing. That's what our relationship seems like the past few weeks, completely foggy, and blurry."

Tae nods in understanding.

"Completely nothing."

"Completely nothing?"

You know, Haeyun and Jaesung never had the brightest relationship to begin with. To be honest, Haeyun feels guilty at what her parents did. She was born into a rich family, they were all born with luxury. And Jaesung was just what her parents called 'average'. And in their vocabulary, average is not good enough.

Jaesung loved Haeyun. He loved her to the stars- well, he used to, to say the least. So he begged her parents to let him date her, and of course, her parents were not pleased at all. Jaesung wore casual clothes, he can't even afford a suit, and most especially not a car.

So his parents completely began trash talking Jaesung and his family- who did nothing but kept silent since they didn't wanna get in trouble. And ever since that one dinner with Jaesung and Haeyun's family, he wasn't the same.

And Haeyun knew it was because he thinks he's not good enough for her. So he stopped trying. But they've dated, so what's the problem?- you may ask. Well, everything.

Turns out they're not a perfect match.

"Sorry to bother your little play date," Seokjin interrupts. "But would any of you would like to help Namjoon?"

The male points at Namjoon who was struggling putting the worm on the hook.

"You're a pro? You've watched documentaries? BS," Yoongi rolled his eyes. "What am I looking at?"

Jimin walks over to the three who were looking at Namjoon with surprise. "I don't think he's a professional."

"Really?" Seokjin gives him a 'you-must-be kidding-me' look. "No way," he said, sarcastically.

After a few more minutes of watching Namjoon, Seokjin sighs.

"Tae, help him, please," Seokjin winces at the sight. "I'm begging you, sooner or later he's gonna get himself hooked."

"Why me? Why can't you or Yoongi hyung do it?" The male waves his hand. "No thanks."

"Do it," Seokjin begs him.

"Just do it, Tae," Jimin says with impatience. "You won't fish anyways, might as well help around."

"Fine," Taehyung sighs. "But only this once."

He tries to stand up, but fails. A vine was pierced through the small gap from his belt and pants, causing him to stay tangled.

He grunts, "What in the world—"

"—Lemme help, Taehyung," Hae said as she bends over from the swing and tugs at the vine.

"What's going on?" Seokjin asks, peeking at the two.

Haeyun grunts, pulling the green string. "I can't get the vine off his belt— WHOA!"

"Haeyun!"

"Hae! Watch out!"

"Ah!"

And then, silence, then, screaming, then, thud! A very loud thud. And the boys silently told each other, while remaining eye contact, that they know they've messed up.

"Guys," Namjoon whispers. "Di-did I hear that right? What- HUH?"

"Dude, chill," Yoongi puts a hand on his shoulder. "Don't panic."

"What do you mean don't panic?!" Namjoon yells, shoving the older's hand away. "SHE FELL! SHE'S PROBABLY HURT!"

Taehyung remains silent, viewing the bottom of the cliff quietly, his heart beating very fast in his chest, his hands sweating and his legs shaking.

God, no.

As Taehyung, Seokjin, Jimin, Namjoon, Yoongi and Jungkook rush to the bottom of the cliff, their hearts are aching and minds running to places.

As they reached the bottom, they gasp in shock. They fall to the ground, cover their mouths, jaw drops, and remain frozen.

She's- she's- oh my gosh. There's blood, like, a lot of blood. It's everywhere!

"Oh my goodness," Namjoon silently mumbles. "We're evil."

"We?! Who's 'we' in this situation, Namjoon?!" Yoongi exclaims, backing away, "There's no 'we' anymore."

"This- this- this is my fault," Taehyung whispers, a tear slowly forming in his eyes.

"Uh, quick," Seokjin runs to Hae's bloody body, taking the giant leaf on the tree branch and putting it over her. "Help me! Hurry!"

"What exactly are we doing?!" Jungkook finally spoke to break the tension. "She's dying!"

"She's dead," Jimin mumbles, Jungkook looks at him with with hesitation, shaking his head.

"You can't be serious," he said, scratching his neck. "She's alive."

"Let me check her pulse," Seokjin said, touching the part under Haeyun's ear, checking for any sign of life.

While he does that, the rest of them watch in pain and fear, waiting for the oldest to reassure them that she's fine.

"Hyung?" Jungkook mumbles as Seokjin releases his touch from Haeyun's body. "Hyung, answer me! Is she alive?!"

"Jungkook," the oldest sighs, hands shaking. "Jungkook help me cover her body."

"Bloody heck!" Jungkook cries out, "W-we killed an i-innocent person."

"There's no 'we'!" Yoongi shouts. "This is not my fault, none of this is!"

"Then it's not mine, either." Namjoon raises his hands in defense. "I didn't cause her to fall."

And with that, all five pairs of eyes landed on Taehyung, whose hands were shaking and tears streaming down his face, his whole body pale as paper and his movements barely recognizable.

"I killed her."