Vol. 4: Chapter 11.3 - Showdown

Start from the beginning

They were finally on the topic of deliberately triggering Outcome #4 on the last four groups belonging to our respective classes. Minami and Kikyou's names will be revealed to Ichinose and her group. In turn, the names of Class C's last two VIPs will be revealed to us.

However, before Horikita could press send...

*Bzzzt*

Our phones suddenly vibrated three consecutive times. After the loud dinging sound was the iconically strong yet silent buzzing that was also exclusive to messages sent by the school.

I glanced at Horikita and saw her wince in doubt and surprise. After that, I finally read the notifications on my phone.

[The test has now ended for the Horse Group. Those in the Horse Group are no longer required to participate any further. Please do not disturb the other students.]

[The test has now ended for the Tiger Group. Those in the Tiger Group are no longer required to participate any further. Please do not disturb the other students.]

[The test has now ended for the Cow Group. Those in the Cow Group are no longer required to participate any further. Please do not disturb the other students.]

Everyone else checked their phones as fast as possible. Around that time, Kanzaki and Tsube also arrived inside, just five minutes before the group discussion starts.

"We're here. We've already... received the notifications." Kanzaki's composed tone instantly changed after seeing Ichinose and Horikita's uneasy expressions.

"Horikita-san, Honami-chan! Don't tell me..." Tsube got their implications and donned a worried face.

"Yes... We didn't ask anyone to submit the answers yet," said Horikita.

"Which means... someone else did..." followed Ichinose.

And then, a voice from a person whose existence was comparable to that of a venomous snake could be heard by the door.

"Hey now. The group discussion hasn't even started but you're already having a conference?" Ryuuen entered the room with his lackeys.

His wide smile was all they needed to see.

"Ryuuen-kun..." Horikita uttered his name with a glare.

"Ohh, that's nice. I really like the face you're making right now, Suzune."

Ryuuen's overwhelming presence dominated the entire room. Kikyou and Hirata had slightly anxious expressions. They already knew the identities of all the VIPs thanks to Horikita's explanation. Minami was the Horse Group's VIP which meant that Class C students were the VIPs of the other two groups in the notification. Tsube and Kanzaki seemed to get what happened, too.

"Kukuku. So? Did you like my surprise? Your expressions are telling me that you did."

His sinister grin brought discomfort to all of them.

"Hm? It seems like everyone else is already here."

The group was finally completed when Katsuragi arrived with the rest of the Class A members.

"Oh, Katsuragi. How was my gift?" Ryuuen gave him a side glance. "I'm expecting the money right after you receive them."

Matoba and the others glared at him.

"Gift?" Kanzaki muttered in confusion.

"Are you curious? Why don't you tell them, Katsuragi?"

"This is good timing. I can confirm everything right here and now." Katsuragi approached us with a confident stride. "Of the three notifications that we received, one of them was submitted by Class A."