Vol. 2: Chapter 1.1 - Questions

My life in the Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School was great-- it was amazing. As someone who wants to live a normal high school life, I am very satisfied with how things have been going for the past three months.

Fortunately, my initial fear of becoming a loner didn't come true. I've made lots of friends and have become close with many of them. I thank my socially adept friends like Hirata and Kushida for helping me connect with the whole class.

I've become fairly close with my one and only neighbor, Horikita. Although she still doesn't talk to anyone other than me, she tries her best to cooperate with others when the situation calls for it. Horikita was always a straightforward girl who doesn't sugarcoat her words. However, I advised her to know the difference between being blunt and being harsh.

Sigh... I hope she can start opening up to others soon. I feel bad for our classmates who genuinely wanted to get to know her.

There's also the Ayanokouji Group. We're the kind of friend group that doesn't really observe the usual friend group norms. We hang out if we want, and we leave each other alone if we don't. Well, that's what our group was initially based on as a band of loners. But, the five of us have been really comfortable with each other, and it feels great to belong somewhere.

Having 694 class points, each Class B student enjoyed a round of 69,400 private points for the month of June. At first, we were worried about the decrease in our class points, but it seems like the other classes suffered all the same, albeit to varying degrees.

Right now, it was less than one week before the month of July comes around.

"It's starting to get pretty hot..." I complained, fanning myself with my uniform.

"Certainly, boys have it harder during this season," commented Horikita.

We don't have uniform rotations when seasons change, so boys, with their long, green pants were more vulnerable to heat. Meanwhile, the girls will have it harder during winter because the school prohibits them from wearing leggings under their skirts. And on a related note, both sexes were equally inconvenienced for their top-wears. After all, even in this heat, we were still required to wear our blazers.

"Do you plan to change your hairstyle, Horikita? Once the season comes around, I think a ponytail would help you feel a little cooler," I said.

"I can handle temperatures quite well, but that's certainly an idea," she pondered.

Now that I'm imagining it, I kinda wanna see Horikita in a ponytail...

"What?" she asked with a glare.

Oops, I guess I started staring at her without my awareness.

"Nothing," I replied, averting my gaze.

When the bell rang and class finally ended, Chabashira-sensei called for me.