Vol. 1: Chapter 11.1 - The Start of the Cold War

(22:03) [Are you alright with the students I assigned?]
(22:03) [I'm open for suggestions.] (Horikita)

(22:03) [Not at all, Horikita-san.]
(22:03) [I think they're perfect.] (Hirata)

(22:03) [I'm okay with the students assigned to me.] (Mii-chan)

(22:03) [Same here!] (Kushida)

(22:03) [I think I'll be able to teach the ones assigned to me.] (Yukimura)

(22:03) [Yes.]
(22:03) [I have no complaints as well.] (Matsushita)

Horikita just submitted the student assignments in the tutor group chat. She sure works fast.

"Ah..." I mumbled.

I was about to type my own reply but the sweat from my forehead dropped on the surface of my phone. I was currently doing one-handed push-ups while reading the messages in our group chat.

I sighed as I used the bed beside me to wipe the screen dry.

(22:04) [No problems here, too.] (Ayanokouji)

We had seven tutors, namely; Horikita, Kushida, Matsushita, Hirata, Yukimura, Mii-chan, and me. Four students were assigned to Horikita, Matsushita, and me. The rest were to teach five.

The four students assigned to me were: Sudou, Sakura, Miyake, and Hasebe.

I instructed Horikita to assign Sudou and Sakura to me, but I left the other two in her hands. Miyake and Hasebe, huh?

They're both pretty quiet. They don't tend to hang out with others that much. I've seen them together once, so at least they know each other.

On a side note, it was also my instruction to have Kushida teach Ike and Yamauchi.

(22:07) [Any particular reason why you assigned Miyake and Hasebe to me?]

I asked Horikita via text. It's also possible that she didn't have any reason at all, which would be fine too.

(22:07) [Their grades aren't a problem though improvements are welcome. But the main reason why I assigned them to you was their personalities, or at least my impression of their personalities.]
(22:07) [Those two usually keep to themselves. I would've assigned them to Hirata-kun or Kushida-san, but some other students would be more effective to be in their slots.]

Or so she explains. 

In short, they're students that don't need any immediate help. She assigned them to me so I can give Sudou and Sakura some extra attention. How considerate of her.

(22:08) [I see.]
(22:08) [Thanks for explaining, Horikita.]

Well, I hope we can all get along tomorrow.

It was already past nine o'clock. I decided to head down for a drink. After putting on some clothes, I reached the first floor and headed for the vending machine right outside the lobby.

"Oh?" A beautiful girl wearing a light pink sleeveless top with a sky blue ruffle frill skirt uttered as she leaned on the wall beside the vending machine.

"If it isn't Ayanokouji-kun~!" Ichinose Honami raised her hand to greet me.

"Good evening, Ichinose," I greeted back.

This is the second time that we're talking to each other directly. I'm glad she remembers my name.

"It's quite late. What are you doing here?" she asked.