Vol. 2: Chapter 11.2 - Shizuku

"Why did you refuse?" Horikita asked as soon as we got out of the student council room.

"You heard my reason, right?" I replied with a question.

"But, I don't understand. You'll have a stable social standing in our year once you're elected as a member. You can also capitalize on your position whenever you or the class is in some sort of trouble," she elaborated. "The benefits outweigh the risks-"

"The trouble outweighs the benefits," I faced Horikita. "I refused because it's a pain. Maybe I'll consider it if there was really no other choice."

I don't have the energy to engage in this debate. Horikita Manabu already blew my cover for better or for worse, and based on Ryuuen's words, something big might happen soon. I don't really want to think about unnecessary stuff right now. And besides, I have somewhere to get to.

"I see..." she sighed in understanding. "But at least, you can focus on being Class B's leader."

"Yeah, I won't slack off on that part." I turned around and walked away. "I need to go meet up with Akito and the others. I'll see you next time, Horikita."

"Goodbye, Ayanokouji-kun. Thank you for today." Horikita thanked me with a stern but sincere expression.

I went straight to Airi's room since according to Haruka, they were hanging out while still wearing their school uniforms. Airi opened up as soon as I rang the doorbell. She was wearing an amaranth shirt and periwinkle cotton shorts. She was the only one wearing casual clothes.

"Welcome, Kiyotaka-kun," she greeted.

"Kiyopon~!"

"Oh, Kiyotaka!"

"Oi, Kiyotaka, what took you so long?"

Apparently, they passed the time by playing cards. After the Ayanokouji Group was completed, we waited for Airi's mysterious announcement in anticipation.

"U-Uhm... Please don't expect anything too surreal... It's nothing serious, I promise. I... just wanted my friends to know this part of me..." Airi spoke anxiously.

"Ah... Sorry, if it feels like we're pressuring you, Airi. It's the first time you've acted like this so we can't help but get excited." Haruka responded with a smile.

"Don't lump me with you and Ken," Akito commented calmly with his usual cool expression.

"H-Hey!" hissed Ken.

"Well, whatever it is, don't be afraid to tell us," I said.

"Alright..." Airi grabbed something from a hanging shelf and showed us the cover. It was a young men's magazine featuring a girl that seems to be a gravure model.

"D-Do you know who this is?" Airi asked nervously.

"Hmm... I don't really read this kinda stuff, but I feel like I've seen that girl before..." mused Akito.

"Ohh..." Haruka stared intently at the cover.

"Ah-! That's Shizuka-! Oh, wait, I'm wrong, it's Shizuku! Shizuku!" yelled Ken. "Ike and his group showed me a magazine that's similar to that one last month. They were talking about this gravure idol in particular."

Airi grew increasingly tense as our friends gave their answers.

"That's you, isn't it, Airi?" I said.

She flinched in shock and skittishly looked at me.

"Eh-?!" The three yelped in surprise.

Haruka and the two guys scrutinized Airi and the girl in the magazine by giving them alternating looks. To ease their struggle, Airi slowly removed her glasses while letting her hair flow freely.