Vol. 1: Chapter 9.1 - Classroom of the Elite

May 3rd, Monday. 

Everyone was quietly sitting on their seats five minutes before the bell rang. All of us patiently waited for Chabashira-sensei. However, instead of being nervous, all of us were actually celebrating in the class group chat. After all, our points just got transferred this morning. Kushida's group was quite active, along with Onodera, Nishimura, Inogashira, Azuma, and Wang or Mii-chan as most of us call her.

"Good Morning." Chabishira-sensei waltzes in as the bell's sound was heard all over the campus. "Listen up, students of Class D."

All of us smiled in anticipation before Sensei continued.

"Or should I say... Class B?" 

Chabashira-sensei slowly uttered those words, as the expressionless look on her face changed into a small smile.

Each student had different reactions, but they were all positive in their own ways.

"Alright!" Ike and Yamauchi couldn't help but yell out.

A lot of the girls gleefully celebrated as they smiled at their friends. Sudou and I looked at each other and exchanged our usual thumbs-up.

"Congratulations. I'm sure the other classes are desperately wondering how you managed this feat, but it doesn't matter." Chabashira-sensei smiled as she plastered a poster on the blackboard using some magnets.

"Sensei... Are these the results... for each class?" asked Hirata.

"Yes, Hirata. As you can see, you guys jumped up by two classes. You're only a couple of hundred points behind Class A." Chabashira-sensei answered with a smile.

The points listed were as follows:

Class A(A): 940 cl

Class B(D): 720 cl

Class C(B): 650 cl

Class D(C): 490 cl

"Dang... They really aren't Class A for nothing, huh?" Okitani murmured.

"That's crazy! They, like, didn't even know about the S-System but still managed to maintain such a high score?!" Karuizawa exclaimed.

While we were happy about our results, we can't help but be amazed by Class A's staggeringly high number of class points.

"You were all judged with the same set of rules. I guess this is a good wake-up call to see how all of you differ from Class A. But of course, none of you can be called defects now." Chabashira-sensei was smiling, but her expression turned grim right after.

"However, let me remind you... Right here is what you may call a fluke," she said in a deep voice, pointing at our score.

With that, a lot of the students in Class B stiffened.

"Ayanokouji single-handedly brought you here. You might as well be in the low hundreds if it weren't for him. Remember, you were all sorted in this class because the school judged your defective traits as something not worthy of the higher classes," explained Chabashira-sensei.

This was exactly why I opted not to reveal my entrance exam results to the class. Horikita and Yukimura's results were a stark contrast to the argument that it supports. Finally, Sensei was sternly revealing that our assortment wasn't strictly based on our entrance exam results.

After she spoke, Chabashira-sensei plastered another poster on the blackboard. We immediately knew that it was the results of the test last week.

"Unlike Class A, there are quite a few students in this class who clearly struggle in their academics," she said. "The exam had 20 questions in total. Each one was 5 points worth. Your class average is 71.5, which means that the passing grade was 35.75 or 36 points."