Vol. 2: Chapter 11.1 - Cessation

The next day, I arrived early at the classroom. As usual, Mii-chan, Nishimura, Horikita, and Hirata were the only ones inside the room.

"Good morning, Ayanokouji-kun," greeted Hirata.

"Good morning." Mii-chan greeted me as well.

"Good morning!" Nishimura followed suit.

"Good morning," I replied.

I'm not gonna lie, after a few months of being in the class's forefront, I've become more and more accustomed to my classmate's warm treatment.

After that incident with Ryuuen, I don't feel the need to hide anymore. Around this time, Sakayanagi Arisu, who's aware of my identity, would probably start to move. I don't know if her father told her about my enrolment here from the start, but given how significant our promotion was during May, it's safe to assume that I'm already on her radar.

There's also Katsuragi Kouhei. He's apparently leading a faction that's separate from Sakayanagi. At first glance, Class A seems to have some sort of internal strife, but given their consistent amount of class points, I'm inclined to suspect that it's part of some convoluted strategy. Whatever the truth is, I need to see it for myself.

"Good morning, Horikita," I greeted.

"Good morning, Ayanokouji-kun," she replied.

"You've prepared the contract, right?" I asked.

"Yes," she nodded. "I've taken everything you've suggested into account. Ryuuen-kun agreed with the terms when I sent it to him last night. Here's the form to get the class's signatures of agreement."

"Alright, good work, Horikita."

Last night, I messaged everyone in the class group chat that we want their signatures for a contract with Class D. I told them that the contract was about them agreeing to withdraw from the case. Horikita and I judged that deceiving the class won't be detrimental in the future since the contract offered no downsides for Class B.

I slumped on my chair, laying my head on the desk. At that moment, I decided to move forward with my plans. I turned to Horikita with one thought inside my head.

Alright, let's overtake to Class A.

"I'll take the lead from now on. You guys support me from the back."

Horikita was surprised by my sudden announcement.

"You'll finally lead the class again? That's good news, but Class A is still an unknown variable to you. Do you have a plan?" she asked.

Horikita wasn't at all displeased that I've taken back the position after one week. Instead, she was worried if my preparations were completed.

"Hmm... Maybe I can do something about Sakayanagi Arisu, but Katsuragi Kouhei is completely foreign territory to me," I sighed. "If I do anything reckless like Ryuuen and attack first, then chances are... I might get the rug pulled under me."

"That's true. So, why did you decide to come out today? You're not going to attack them now, are you?"

"Of course not, but I think there will be a good chance to do that soon. I want to rise to Class A as soon as possible and take a break," I said with a shrug.

"Take a break, huh? I don't think anyone will stop you, especially if you're the one responsible for bringing us to the top. Regardless of what it is that you're up to, I will cooperate. Do you plan to announce all of this to everyone, like before?" asked Horikita.

"Nah. They can find out for themselves. The delay would also keep the other classes from catching on too soon. It's fine if Ryuuen finds out though. He'll probably think of it as a joke, anyway."