Cнаpтёя Tёп

Kazimir

New Orleans, Louisiana

I needed to sleep in today. All the plane traveling was draining me. Estefan had given me a meet time for three. I had about five hours to relax.

I don't know understand why he would want to meet, but I did just kill Jorge. I leaned over to the nightstand grabbing the remote. I turned on the television and turned on the news.

I wanted to know if there was anything up by now. There was nothing on the news that interested me, so I switched it to something else.

I rested for the next few hours staying in the bed. I was tired and exhausted. I just wasn't too excited about this meeting.

***

Estefan sat across from me sipping on his tea. He wore a Christmas sweater, which made this hilarious. He was wearing a Christmas sweater in a business discussion.

"How have you been?" He asked.

"I have been better, what is it you want to talk about?"

"You killed Jorge," he says.

"I did, is there something wrong with that?"

I don't know why he would see any issues with that. He never liked him, so what did he want?

"No, I'm glad someone finally did that, but it's the darkness I feel coming."

"Not this bullshit, Estefan you know I do not believe in your cult," I groan.

"You must believe me now Kazimir. You're future is not bright on such a holiday. I see death and chaos in your wake. I'm here to warn you."

"Gracias."

I pushed my chair back ready to leave.

"Do not believe what you see. It is deception," he spoke.

"What?"

"Do not what believe what you see, it is form of your love. However it is no real."

"What do you mean by that? The form on my love? What love is that exactly?"

"It is what I see, but do not harm. She is not yours to kill, you will keep her until the time is right," He nods.

I slam my fist on the table making items on the table shake. I hate when he speak in riddles. He doesn't flinch and stays calm.

"Estefan, stop beating around the bush," I snarl.

"Do you know why I chose to do business with you?"

I was taken aback by his question. It did not have anything to do with this random shit he was saying.

"No."

I never asked him nor did I care. I was just pleased he chose to do business with me. Even if it meant I had to see shit I wanted to forget.

"I saw you in her future. You brought pain, but happiness to her life. I saw your future, before you even came to me. I did business with you, so I could understand the grasp of what I was seeing," he explains.

He must be talking about Imani. He already knew about us, before we even knew about each other? He must be insane. I pull my chair back to the table.

"What?"

"I saw both your futures and it was beautiful I must say .Your wedding, the children to come, the adventures. I saw it all through her despite the emptiness in her life. With you, yours was difficult only because you wouldn't want to believe it."