SS.16 - Troubles in Paradise

Start from the beginning

"Wanna talk about Horikita?"

*Thud*

"Ow, hey!" I groaned in pain after Horikita struck my flank with a kick.

"Don't involve me in whatever gossip you're about to take part in, or else, I'll kick you again, but this time, all the way out of the room." Horikita glowered with a deep voice.

I looked back at her on reflex and my eyes were instinctively drawn to her snow-white legs. It's a good thing that Horikita was wearing shorts instead of a skirt or else my face would've been targeted by another kick.

"I'm very sorry, madam."

"Ahaha, I never knew you had this dynamic. How amusing." Mori laughed heartily after seeing our usual shenanigans.

Mori and I chatted about a lot of stuff. First and foremost, I told her the reason why I was here. It was simple. I actually wanted to rest in my own room, but Kouenji was there. The atmosphere becomes really weird and uncomfortable when I'm alone with that guy. I'm sure the same goes for Yukimura.

If it's Hirata, though... he can probably handle it.

Inevitably, I was asked about my love life. However, I also noticed that I was getting more and more comfortable with those types of topics. I must've been getting used to hearing about them.

Regardless, it was fun. She and I got to know each other better. Mori got along with almost everyone, just like Satou. She also hangs out with Ike and the other guys, which was probably the reason why she's really easy to chat with.

Time passed by pretty quickly. It wasn't long until five other girls walked inside the room: Karuizawa, Ichihashi, Shinohara, Maezono, and Rino.

"Eh-? Ayanokouji-kun?" Shinohara was the first one to react.

"Hey." I raised a hand to greet them.

"Are you hanging out with Horikita-san... or Nene-chan...? Or maybe both?" Rino asked with a smirk.

"And in the girls' room, too. Despite your seemingly harmless demeanor, you're quite the bold one, Ayanokouji-kun," added Maezono.

"Well, well. As much as I'm curious about what the deal here is, I think we have to go. The other girls should arrive in a few minutes," shrugged Ichihashi. "For now, you should rest well, Rinocchi."

"Ruri's right. It's a shame that Rinocchi can't come, though. Like, you were the most enthusiastic about this, too." teased Karuizawa.

"K-Karuizawa-san, you didn't have to say that..." Rino replied with a flustered expression.

"We'll tell you the deets on the group chat, so don't worry. Just rest if you're not feeling well," she said.

Karuizawa aloofly exited the room with a simple "Let's go." as the other girls followed-- of course after briefly saying goodbye to us.

Mori and I looked at Rino, who laid down comfortably on her bed.

"We were supposed to meet up with some girls from other classes. I couldn't come with them cuz' of my headache, though," she said, sensing our curiosity.

"Ohh, that's unfortunate," said Mori.

"It's fine. I'll have lots of other opportunities next time, anyway." Rino sighed with a shrug. "How about you two? How're your groups?"

"I don't know about Ken, but the others are probably resting now, too," I replied.

"Maya might be hanging out with the other two in their room right now. I would've been there if I wasn't burnt out for the day," answered Mori.