Chapter 21

Updated

" Why have a meeting?" I asked.

Ra smiled " Well, little one. Hades has proved to been a threat before and we need to talk about if he should or should not have his lover back. "

I frowned " He's been good. Just give Ambrose back. "

Zeus chuckled darkly " Just give the god of destruction his lover back? We took him from him because he was unruly kid. Not that you would understand. "

I turned to him with a scowl on my face. " Like you're any better you fucking pig. That's your fucking family, or are you just to much of a greedy bastard to fucking care?"

He sat back in his chair with a deep scowl " I'd watch your mouth kid."

" That's enough Zeus." A light voice broke through

" Aphrodite, nice of you to actually join us this time."

" Yes well I'd rather be home instead of listen to the family problems." She said coolie as she sat down.

" Now, lets get started. "

The hair on my arms stood up when the gods and goddess grew to their true size. I looked at hades but he was staring at Ambrose's ghostly figure, like it was going to be the last time he would see him. It broke me. Don't worry hades, you'll get him back. Even if it is the last thing I have to do. I snapped my head to Ra

" Please just give him another chance. He's changed. "

Ra smiled softly " It's not just up to me little one, it's everyone's vote."

I frown " So whoever gets the most votes wins."

He nods. " Now I do believe that he has changed, who else does."

Multiple of gods and goddess put their hands up. A scoff rang out through the hall.

" Are you kidding me? This is the same god who waged war on us, the who almost put us out of business. He destroyed thousands of worlds! Are we really gonna let him have happiness again? To let him in again?" Zeus all but shouted.

I mumbled " They let you back in, what a mistake that was."

" What was that you little shit?" He snarled.

Ra stood up " Enough Zeus, you've said enough. Now, little one do you mind if you wait outside because it seems that Zeus just can't get enough of you."

I turned a shade darker and left the room with a stomp. This wasn't fair I should be apart of this. Hades was my friend. Right?

" Kid? " I looked up with a tired look to see a worried Green bean.

" Are you aright?" I sighed and rubbed my face

" Yeah i'm just ...tired ya know? I just want everyone to be happy. "

He sat down next to me and rubbed my back. " You want to make everyone happy but I can see that you're not. So what's wrong?"

I looked at him and smiled slightly " I'm just.. I don't know what to do anymore Cobra."

He looked shocked when I called him his actual name. " Ah, well. I dont know what you mean but I can tell it's something because you just called me cobra instead of green bean. So talk to me Lyre."

I sighed " Well, I dont know if my boys are okay or if they think I hate them because it seems like I keep running away from them, and now i'm dealing with the actual gods. "

He sighed " Yeah it's been rough. Me and Madi broke up. Turns out she wasn't who she said she was."

I frowned " Green bean, why didn't you tell me?"

He smiled "Because, I see how much you carry already so I chose to lift one thing off of your shoulders."

I smiled softly then smacked him " Fucking stupid. You're my best friend. I want to know what happens in your life."

He chuckled " Fine, then I shall tell you everything."

" Excuse me? But Who are you two? Why are you here?"

I looked up to see a man with his arms crossed. " Ah, well this meeting is about my friend and his soulmate. I'm Lyre."

He looked shocked then apologized " I'm sorry I didn't realize that Ambrose had another friend. I'm Abel, my brother Cain should be around here somewhere we were best friends with hades."

I stood up with excitement " I didn't know Hades had friends! It's so nice to meet you!!"

I shook his hand happily but he brought me in for a hug. He was warm.

" Abel."

A dark deep voice shook the walls. He let me go and bounced to a giant muscle man. Holy mother of waffles, my jaw hit the floor. This man was terrifying. I took step back and Green bean placed his arm around me.

" Cain! This is Lyre! Hades friend! The one he messaged us about!" Abel bounced happily as he clung to Cains arm.

Cain glared and scoffed " This shrimp? He looks useless. How disappointing."

I frowned " Hey! What have we talked about? You need to be nicer. Remember?" Abel slapped his arm lightly.

Cain sighed " Yeah, yeah whatever. Nice and friendly. I'm fine."

I rolled my eyes. He was gonna be a real pleasure to have around. The doors opened as Odin, Aphrodite and Athena walked passed. Aphrodite gave me a small smile and dread filled my stomach.

Zeus stormed passed and gave me a wink and a smirk. " See you around shorty."

I shivered and gagged but stepped forward as Ra came out.

" What happened? Did he get Ambrose back?" I asked. He frowned and placed his hand on my shoulder

" I'm sorry little one, I tired my hardest. But Ambrose was sent to the afterlife. Hades was sent home. We didn't win. I'm so sorry little one."