𝚂𝚒𝚌𝚔

1965

A lot has happened for Venus. Tom and her children are in their fifth year at Hogwarts. They both was Slytherin.

Their fifth year had just started and Tom and Venus were at home, Venus doing her everyday business at the Ministry and Tom...well, Tom was still making his horcruxes.

His hair began to fade, and his face was ghostly pale. It was like the magic was transforming him. But Venus didn't want to question it. His eye colour started to become crystal blue. Which was abnormal, his eyes are usually brown.

Venus was in her office, filing some paperwork and signing off contracts. Looking at the Daily Prophet. She was still great friends with Alice and Frank, also Euphemia and Fleamont she regularly kept in touch with by Owl post.

Soon she started to feel tired, unlike her more like. So she rested on her desk, and unconsciousness lead the scene.

Venus was laying down in a hospital bed. She finally opened her eyes feeling overwhelmingly more tired than before. Tom was by her side, she noticed that she was in St.Mungo's, which wasn't a good place to be in.

'What happened?' Venus turned to look at Tom who had a sympathetic face on

'When they found you, you were unconscious for hours. They brought you here' he said planting a kiss on her forehead

Soon she felt incredibly itchy, Tom soon went to finish his 'business' and didn't come back in days

The healer came in.

'Mrs Riddle, we are sorry but...we have detected a highly contagious disease called Spattergriot.' The Healer said nervously

Venus knew what it was. And she couldn't believe it, she could hardly move. She looked to see her skin breaking out in purple pustules. All over her arms and face.

Tom had come back after a week, their children were still unknown their mother had developed a disease.

The Healers told Tom not to come too near. For he might catch was she had. There was a clear curtain separating the two. He looked at her, his face soft and worried.

'What happened to her' he whispered

'She developed a deadly disease called Spattergriot, I do not know where she had picked it up from. But it could be life threatening' the Healer said rather anxiously

'Well! Don't just stand there! Time is running out, I cannot loose her!' He grabbed the healers neck and shoved the healer against the wall.

'Don't you understand?! I need her!' He seethed

'S-sir we are doing everything we can' the Healer stuttered

'Tom let the poor healer go, he's doing everything' the hoarse voice of Venus came forth from the tension

They both looked at the ill woman, lying in a hospital bed.

'My darling, nothing will happen to you. I promise you, these silly people have got it all wrong.' He came close to the curtain where she lay.

She smiled weakly, Alice and Frank had got the news and came a few days earlier, she had yet to reach Euphemia and Fleamont. But that will have to wait

'Tom, I love you. But don't take your anger out on anybody' she smiled as he nodded

'What's about Seraphina and Orpheus?' Tom asked bitterly

'They will be fine, Tom.' She reassured him

He smiled. How badly he wanted to kiss her, but he couldn't risk it himself. He didn't want her to die, he wanted her to witness his greatness. He wanted her there for all of it.

But not everyone can live. Right?

But Venus knew something Tom didn't, a mysterious person came to see her the other day. In a black cloak and spoke in a mysterious voice.

'The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches ... born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies... and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not... and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives ... the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies...'

She had that play in her head like a broken record. What could this mean? A warning? Why come to her? 

She was in a inner conflict of what to tell Tom, should she be honest? Or should she keep it to herself?

'Tom..' she trailed off

He looked at her

'Yes, darling?' He smirked

'Oh-I er- forgot what I was going to say' she lied

She couldn't tell him. Now wasn't the right time. She couldn't bring herself to it. Maybe this could be a folly. Maybe it was her mind playing tricks on her.

'Are you okay?' He asked seriously

'Yes, quite fine' she smiled

'Glad that you are. Honestly, I don't know what i would be without your greatness' he wanted ever so to kiss her

Nightfall dawned in and Tom sat in the chair looking at his wife's sleeping body, how peacefully she slept. But it only made him reflect on everything they had been through. It made her life more precious to him than anyone else's. He loved her more than love itself.

He didn't like feeling it. But his heart only beated for her.

And her only.

———————————————————————————
AHHHH sorry I haven't uploaded in like a day! I've just been so tired

Anyway I hope u like this :)

<33
—MINKSSS