𝙳𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜

1942

It was the last three days until summer break. Venus has woken up in the middle of the night and scanned the sleeping girls, she sighed. What will make her go back to sleep. Atlantis her cat came into her curling up. She then thought of the book in the restricted section. She had hid it under her pillow. She got it out and started to read

Her eyes widened. Everything was about dark arts. And it was evil, like Tom Riddle evil. It was about magic she didn't even learn. And it was enticing. She wanted more of it, but it was dangerous

She then flipped a few more pages and came to a page which fascinated her.

She read all of it, her eyes widened even more as her eyes trailed along the writing

HORCRUX

Horcrux was an object in which a Dark Wizard or Witch had hidden a fragment of his or her soul in order to become immortal. Horcruxes could only be created after committing murder, the supreme act of evil. The process for the creation of a Horcrux involved a spell and a horrific act was performed soon after the murder had been committed. Given that Horcruxes were precious to those who made them, there were usually protective measures made to prevent them from being stolen or destroyed, such as counter-charms and curses. The Horcrux was considered to be the most terrible of all dark magic.

Her eyes were out of her head. But you could become immortal, that would make you more powerful. But the bad side is that you have to commit murder. And Venus would never do that.

She was interested about this rare magic. So she kept reading

A Horcrux is the word used for an object in which a person has concealed part of their soul... Well, you split your soul, you see, and hide part of it in an object outside the body. Then, even if one's body is attacked or destroyed, one cannot die, for part of the soul remains earthbound and undamaged.

So if she killed someone, she would be immortal. Apart of her wanted to make one, but she never wanted to go to Azkaban. So even if she did, she could rise again.

Now she knew Tom Riddle would want to make one.

Horcruxes were originally conceived of as being a singular act. As such, it was unknown for many centuries what the attempted creation of multiple Horcruxes would result in, as nobody thought it possible to accomplish such an act.

What if you could make more? She thought? She wanted to know more. It's like dark magic was a drug.

Destroying a Horcrux required that the object containing the soul fragment be damaged to a point beyond any and all physical or magical repair. When a Horcrux was damaged to that point, it may appear to bleed and a dark blood-like substance.

This was the book Tom was probably looking for.
She smirked. And closed the book. She didn't want to tell Tom just yet, knowing what he is like. But he has been weird around her lately

She looked out the window to see the sun coming up behind the hills.

She hid the book under her pillow and got changed, all she could think about was the Horcruxes.

Soon she saw all the girls get up, Mrytle knew something was playing on Venus's mind

'Hey, Venus. Is something on your mind?' She asked

'Er, no. Just didn't get any sleep' she lied

They both got ready and walked down to the great hall when someone yanked my hand and pulled me into a dark classroom.