Vol. 3: Chapter 9.2 - Small Blunder

Start from the beginning

"I see... I'll keep that in mind."

"Kikyou-chan, let's change!" called Nishimura.

"I'll be there!" Kikyou replied before facing me. "Then, I'll be going now, Kiyotaka-kun. Look forward to my swimsuit later, okay?"

"Oh... Okay..."

"Your poker face doesn't hide your excitement, you know~?" she teased before turning around.

Well, I wasn't really excited... Or maybe I was. Just a little.

3rd Day, 1:10 PM.

"Woo-hoo!" yelled Makida.

*Splash*

"Heck yeah!" followed Okitani.

*Splash*

"Pipe it down, boys... The water's getting all over the place." Ishikura scolded with a sigh.

"Haha, isn't it fine, Kayoko-chan? Let them have their fun~!" said Onodera.

"Ey! Take that, Kayoko-chan~!" Kikyou splashed water on Ishikura's face.

"Kyah! That was uncalled for, Kikyou-chan! Take this~!"

Professor and Ijuuin were also in their swimwear. I don't know what they were talking about, but it seems like they're busy conversing about something.

Meanwhile...

"Don't be chickens, you two. Look at us go!" Ken told Airi and Haruka before diving in.

"I thought you guys went swimsuit shopping before? Aren't you gonna swim?" asked Akito.

"B-But..."

"Well, if Airi doesn't go in, then I won't!" Haruka grinned.

"It's up to you guys. The water is really nice." Akito swam after Ken. The two of them proceeded to hang out with Okitani and Makida.

"You're already wearing your swimsuit under your clothes, right, Airi? You don't want to swim?" asked Haruka.

"I thought I could do it, but it's embarrassing, after all." Airi hectically shook her head.

"Alright, I'll stay with you for a while. I'm not fond of showing my skin, anyway," she replied.

Apart from the two of them, every other girl from our class wore their swimsuits while dipping their body in the water. Kikyou teased me a lot, but I managed to survive. At least, that's what it looked like to me.

I walked towards them and crossed paths with Horikita.

"Oh, are you not going to swim?"

"I'm fine... It's better to be sure, given my condition. Swimming in this river water might bring back my cold," she replied.

"I see... Well, it's good that you're being careful now."

"Yes... About the other day... if I hadn't forced myself to help, then I would've been fully recovered by now..." Horikita faced me with an expression that I very rarely see from her. "I'm sorry..."