Vol. 2: Chapter 11.2 - Shizuku

Start from the beginning

"Yeah. She'll probably tell us when the time comes."

After my talk Akito, I called Kikyou to check on something.

"Kiyotaka-kun? Good evening!"

"Did I interrupt anything?"

"No, no, not at all. Is there anything you need?"

"I'm just curious about a gravure idol called Shizuku...?"

Oh, I didn't consider my phrasing at all.

"Kiyotaka-kun... Are you perhaps... into that?"

"My bad, I just found something out about the said person, so I got more curious. That's all."

"Hmmmm...?"

"..."

"Well, whatever. But I know who Shizuku is. She became a well-known gravure idol right from her debut a couple of years back and was really popular afterward."

"I see..."

"She has a blog, too. You can check that if you'd like to see her activities. I'll send you the link if you want."

"That would help. Thanks a bunch."

"Wait, my computer is already open so I'll just send it to you now."

I heard some light thuds and clattering indicating Kikyou's movements. She was probably sitting on her bed. At that time, I also proceeded to boot up my computer. When the link arrived, I immediately opened it and saw a very personal yet professional blog site that was clearly made for a career. In the early days of the site's operation, Shizuku posted almost every day and replied to almost every reply from her fans. A lot of them were asking about her future prospects like T.V. appearances. She also amassed more than 5000 followers on Twitter. I also checked other idol blog sites for reference, but they all seemed pretty similar. However, her activities stopped after enrolling here, abiding by the "No Outside Contact" rule of the school which was to be expected.

"Kiyotaka-kun, I just checked her latest posts, and it seems like she stopped in early April."

"Yeah, I saw it too."

"Is she... a student here?"

Oh... I didn't expect Kikyou to arrive at that conclusion immediately.

"You think so?"

"Well, it's not just the date of her sudden break... Look at this picture. She posted it a few days before the day of the entrance ceremony."

Kikyou sent me an image of Shizuku wearing a casual outfit. Nothing seemed strange about it... until I looked at the background.

"We were given the option to move here a few weeks earlier if we wanted, right? Her room looks exactly like a typical girls' room on the upper floors

"We were given the option to move here a few weeks earlier if we wanted, right? Her room looks exactly like a typical girls' room on the upper floors."

So that's why it looked familiar.

"You're right. Good job catching on to that."

"Based on her data, she should be in our year, too... Kiyotaka-kun, figured out who she is, didn't you?"

"You're overestimating me, Kikyou. I didn't figure out her identity. She, herself, told me about it."

At this point, I had no choice but to tell her the truth.

"Ohh, popular as always, huh? Even an idol was willing to reveal her true identity to you. Isn't that romantic?" she teased. "Well, I'm sure she also asked you to keep it a secret, so I won't pry... That said, it's quite amazing, isn't it? There's an idol in our year..."

"Yeah... Sorry if I can't share anything significant with you."

"It's fine, it's fine. I'm already glad that you asked me for help."

"Thanks again."

"You're welcome!"

When our call ended, I continued checking out the comment section on Shizuku's more recent posts. A certain user caught my attention...

"I see... This is quite troublesome..." I muttered softly after piecing everything together.