Can you hold this? -E.O

ابدأ من البداية

"I will." Emma swallowed her feelings and gave the blonde a smile.

"Where is Mark?" Scarlett asked interrupting the staring moment, the two women seemed to have.

"Around here, I don't really know." Lizzie shrugged before signaling the bartender for some water.

"Shouldn't you know?" Scarlett asked again.

"No? Why should I?" The blonde asked confused.

"Isn't he, like your boyfriend or something?" This time both Scarlett and Emma were confused.

At Scarlett's question, Lizzie started laughing. It seemed so funny that the blonde was having her head thrown back while her hands were on her stomach.

"You alright?" Emma asked after a few moments of staring at the woman who was laughing like she heard the joke of her life.

"Wait." Lizzie managed to say. "You thought?" She took a big breath. "You thought me and Mark were together?" She let out a few laughs again.

"Aren't you?" Emma asked this time.

"Did all of you think that I was in a relationship with Mark?" Lizzie asked confused.

"Yes? You are always with him." Scarlett answered confused.

"He is like, my best friend. I thought you knew this. Plus, he is very gay. Haven't you guys noticed it?" 

Emma's heart just came back to life.

"I honestly, wasn't paying attention." Scarlett said with an amusing smile on her face. She was happy that her friend might have a chance.

"He is always flirting with guys. I thought you guys noticed it, so I never said anything about it." Lizzie shrugged while wearing a teasing smile on her face.

The two women then started talking about something random, Emma on the other hand just zoned out. She was so happy that the girl she was in love with is actually single. 

Still, this doesn't mean that Emma has a chance. No, no. She isn't forced to watch someone she loves loving someone else. At least for a little longer. 

"Emma, you with me?" Lizzie asked.

When Emma focused back, she saw that Scarlett was long gone. Now stood alongside the bar were only her and Lizzie.

"Yes, yes. Sorry. I just zoned out." She shrugged sheepishly.

'Don't worry about it. What were you thinking about? If you don't mind me asking, of course." Lizzie asked looking very curious.

You, Emma wanted to say.

"Just things in general, you know?" Emma tried to be vague.

"What things in general?" The blonde was persistent with her questions, but also patient.

"About tonight and how we are all here. And stuff like that." Emma blushed.

"Interesting." Lizzie nodded. "Someone on your mind?"

You could say so.

"W-what? No." Emma stuttered, blowing away her cover.

"Does Emma have a crush on someone here tonight?" Lizzie took a step closer while teasing her.

"No." Emma responded way too quickly for her likings.

"I'll pretend I believe  you." Lizzie winked.

The both of them turned to face the dance floor. Emma was way too embarrassed to try and look at the blonde beside her, who seemed to have a knowing smile on her face.