Chapter 24

After a month of marriage Jin sect announce that Madam Jin is pregnant and big banquet was organised to celebrate the occasion. Every sect leader was invited and the banquet last for 7 days. When Lan Wangji hears that the Madam Jin, Wei Wuxian's shijie is pregnant, he starts to think how his Wei Ying would have reacted hearing this news and that he is going to become an uncle. Lan Wangji smiles thinking about Wei Ying bright smile which he always carried with him no matter what the situation or occasion was.

In the banquet, Nie Mingjue was standing with Lan Xichen and Nie Huaisang when they heard two disciple taking with each other.
First disciple " did you hear, that sect leader jiang put the memorial tablet of Wei Wuxian in his ancestors hall after the announcement of Wei Wuxian death"
Second disciple "yes, I heard about it. But why did you ask?"
First disciple " I didn't understand, why Sect Leader Jiang put the memorial tablet of a son of servent in Jiang ancestors hall"
Second disciple " Wei Wuxian was adopted by former sect leader jiang so he also become a Jiang but he refused to change his surname from Wei to Jiang "
First disciple " oh I know that, but madam Yu never accepted him it was only former sect leader jiang who favored him"
Second disciple "yes, madam Yu never liked Wei Wuxian and he was knows as the troublemaker and it is said that he was one of the reason for the downfall of Jiang sect"
First disciple " I also heard he creates some issues with Wen Chao during indoctrination camp due to which Wen Chao attacked Jiang sect and destroyed it...."

Hearing enough of the babbling of two disciple, Sect Leader Nie was about to shout at both the disciple when he heard a voice of a women who came out of nowhere wearing Jin disciple clothes and said " who do you think you both are, talking about the former head disciple of Jiang sect in this way. He was the one of the best Cultivators of his generation. He was known for his righteousness, helping nature and always stands with justice. And the issue you were talking about was because he was trying to save a innocent from Wen Chao who was going to use that person as living bait. You are just cowards who can't be even 1 percent of young master Wei." After saying everything she wanted to say she leaves the two disciple with a hmmpphh.

Sect Leader Nie move towards his brother and Zewu-jun and said "that girl definately have some back bone. It is not easy to stand up for someone but she did, who is she? I don't think I have saw her before" Nie Huaisang replies " Da-ge, she is Lady Luo Qingyang, she is a disciple of Jin sect and a good friend of sect leader Jin. She stays with us during our classes in Cloud Recesses with other Jin disciples and she is also the person who Wei-xiong saved in the cave from Wen Chao who was going to use her as living bait which she mentioned to the disciples just now."Jewu-jun smriks and teasingly added "yes, Da-ge Lady Luo Qingyang sure does have some back bone for you to notices her and even give her complement since you never notice a women and it's the first time you ever did that ". Chìfēng-zūn replies to Zewu-jun " Xichen, she is the first women who impress me enough for me to not only notice her but also complement her. Nie clan also need female disciple like her who stand up when they see or hear something wrong. "

Xichen smirks more and said " Da-ge are you implying that you want Lady Luo Qingyang to join Nie sect". Nie Mingjue looks at Xichen and said " no, I m not " and the conversation ended there when the other sect leaders join them. But Nie Huaisang thinks about it and throught it's also the time his brother marry and have his own family. But he knows that his brother is stubborn and will never agree to marry anyone. So, he start thinking of a plan so that he can convince his brother to marry.

Few days later, Nie Mingjue is currently sitting in his office, working on some paper work when he heard a knock on the door and when he sees that his younger brother is here and replies with 'come in' and Nie Huaisang enters the office and take a seat opposite to Nie Mingjue and said "Da-ge, I need to discuss something very important with you ".
Nie Mingjue replies" what it is a'sang".

Nie Huaisang starts " Da-ge, sect leader Jin is already married and now going to have kids, sect leader jiang is also married , and I heard that Grandmaster Lan is also finding a perfect women for Er-ge. All the major sect leaders are either marriage or are going to marry and are going to have their heir who will take over the sect after their parents retired but what about our sect, you are not married nor you are planning to marry so how Nie sect have his heir who will take over the sect when the time comes "

Nie Mingjue sighs and asks "what are you suggesting a'sang ". Nie Huaisang replies "Da-ge, I'm suggesting that it's time for you to find a girl and get married and produce an heir for Nie sect ". Nie Mingjue says " since you think about it, I'm sure you also find the girl, so now tell me a'sang who are you suggesting". Nie Huaisang smirks and replies " lady Luo Qingyang, you also like her and even compliment her. She is perfect for you and will also become a good madam for Nie sect."

Nie Mingjue replies " you think so, if I propose her for marriage, do you think she will accept the proposal". " Da-ge if you didn't try, how will you know"Nie Huaisang said. Nie Mingjue said " ok, I will leave for Jin sect tomorrow and propose Lady Luo for the marriage but if she says no, what are you going to do", " we will think about that later "Nie Huaisang replies and leave the room while Chìfēng-zūn resumes his work.