You Can't Sleep

Hii,

Can't sleep? Tried shutting your phone off? Let me guess, didn't work. If you're opening this letter, I'm guessing you've already tried waking me up, or you don't want to disturb me You're awake. I wish I were there, and I know you do, too.

Well, maybe play soft music. If you can't find any, just play one of my playlists or tell me, I'll make you one. Think about the best thing that happened to you, your beautiful future, that time that you spent with your family and friends, think about your crush or meeting with me. Maybe those things help you.

If nothing works, leave your phone aside and stop all music. Open your window and look above at the sky. Notice the little sounds from all around. Count the stars. In places where the city lights are many, they will be few, but do it anyway. They are beacons from the past, travelling thousands of miles to shine for us. You, too, shall persist and overcome—and go on to shine even more brightly.

Bid the moon goodnight. She is gentle and tender, and will wrap you in a loving glow that sinks from the skies above more slowly than snowfall. Sometimes, she is able to offer more, and sometimes, it will be less—but always, she is there. Feel her support—it will never fail you.

See how beautiful the world truly is. Stay there for as long as you want. Whenever you're ready, come back to bed and try again. Besides, I can't find you in my dreams if you're awake.

Goodnight, my love.
Always, Ayla.

"Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air."