"There she is!" Sloane yells as she slowly walks out of her car. I walk over to hug her.

"I missed you." I tell her.

"I missed you too. God, I feel like I'm going to explode any day now with this little me in here." She says while patting her stomach.

"Are you sure, you're okay to do this?"

"Oh hell yeah." Both of us walk up to the stage and take our seats. Seeing us, the crowd slowly starts to silence. Looking around for Andrea, I meet her gaze as she stands in the corner of the stage, almost invisible. Sloane grunts as she walks up to the podium and cheers start to erupt from the crowd. She puts one hand up and they go dead silent in a matter of seconds.

"Good evening folks. It is an honor to be back here and in your presence. I have missed you all dearly. I miss my time that I spent here. Each and every one of you hold a special place in my heart, and for that I will always continue to fight for you. As of right now, my sister, Devyn has taken up my role. I know some of you have been upset by this decision, but I assure you, it's the correct one. I am ill at the moment and have to look after my child soon. But that doesn't mean I am abandoning you, I am actually here to say that we are stronger than ever before. I want to ask you all to give the same support you gave me to my sister. She is one of a kind, and I have no doubt that she will do well in her position. So, are you all with me?"

I watch as the crowd starts to cheer again as they express their support. Sloane calls me over to stand with her and she takes my hand as we both wave to the crowd.

"We need to talk after this." She whispers.

"Okay." I reply as she takes her seat, leaving me at the podium.

"You all know my sister very well, and just like you, I admire her and love her. Ever since I was a child, Sloane has acted like my best friend, my father, my mother, and my sister. I know I wasn't easy to handle, but she always knew what to do and what to say, and now that she's becoming a mother herself, I know that she'll do an amazing job. Today, is a start of a new relationship between you all and I. I will do everything in my power to serve you the best I can."

The crowd cheers again and music starts to play. Some of the other speakers get on after me but I just want to know what Sloane wants to talk to me about.

"Do you want to get out of here?" I ask her when I find her back stage.

"Can you drive?"

"Yeah." My concern starts to grow.

"I just want to be alone for a few minutes."

I grab her arm and help her down the stairs. We wave off anyone who tried to come along. I start to drive back to my place.

"So? What's up?" I ask.

"I'm kicked out."

"Kicked out of what?"

"Father kicked me out a fe days ago. I'm not a part of anything Ackerman. No family businesses, no titles, no nothing."

I hit the brakes.

"What do you mean? I don't understand."

"It's hard to explain everything right now.Plus I'm waiting for mini me to pop out before I say anything more."

"But still I don't get it."

"Look Devyn, sometimes we grow up doing what we're told and seeing what we're sold. I've learned the truth about so many things, about this country, about father, about...you. I confronted father about it, and he got angry. So I've been stripped of the family name."

"What did you find out?"

"I'll tell you when the time is right. I have to think about safety and so many other things right now. But Dev, you can't trust anyone, okay?"

"So what now?"

"I never cared about being an Ackerman really. It never meant anything to me. Especially now after I know what father has done, I can't side with him anymore. So I'm here to ask for something, and I'm really hoping you'll give it to me." She looks at me with pleading eyes.

"What?"

"I'm going to take over. I'm going to rally up people and overthrow our father. I need you to be on my side."

My breath get stuck in my lungs and I can't seem to be able to think.

"Devyn? Are you with me?"

"I don't know what you're asking of me, Sloane. How can we do this to our father? Are you okay?"

"I know you're confused right now, but I swear it'll make sense later."

"Then I can't do anything until I know." I say as I start the car again. She looks at me and is about to say something but she decides against it. I can see the hurt on her face, and I feel bad but I have no idea what she's going on about.

"Devyn?" After a few minutes Sloane finally speaks.

"Mhmm?"

"If anything ever happens to me or to anyone. Will you promise to take care of.." I look at her as she puts a hand over her stomach.

"Nothing is going to happen, Sloane, why are you talking like this?"

"I'm just saying in general. Will you always be there for them? Protect them always?"

"Of course, I promise I'll protect your child with my life. Don't worry, the first person I'll protect is you, so stop saying things like this."

We finally arrive at my house.

"Where were you?" Andrea questions right when I get out of the car.

"I was with Sloane."

"Both you didn't take nay kind of protection with, hell you didn't even take me." She huffs.

"Relax, we just had to talk."

"Do you know how irresponsible that is? Anything could happen!"

"Andrea, relax. I know what I'm doing."

"Do you?" I watch as her jaw and her hands are clenched. Her being visibly angry is very rare, but I don't understand why she's so upset. She storms away as me and Sloane exchange glances.

"Come I'll show you to the guest room." I walk Sloane upstairs and help her into the bed.

"Devyn, you're special. You've always been."

"Thank you."

"I love you little sis."

"I love you too Sloane." I kiss her forehead as she dazes off into sleep.

Knocking on Andrea's door, I realize that she probably was in my room since we always ended up sleeping together. It brings a smile to my face as I thought about her. I walk into my room to see her standing against the window.

"Hey." I grab her waist from behind and plant a kiss on the back of her neck.

"What's wrong?" I ask when she doesn't respond.

"Nothing." She turns around to face me but doesn't try to get out of my hold.

"Did I do something wrong?"

"Yes. You know how dangerous it is out here. With Runes and the Rahl's on edge anything can happen. Plus people here are unpredictable, you could be a target. I just want nothing to happen to you."

"Nothing will happen. Okay? I'm sorry."

I watch as the anger starts to leave her face and she relaxes.

"I'm always here, always."

"And forever."

Next thing I know, we're back in my bed with our kisses letting us speak.