Chapter 5

PETER POV:

"But, the whole point of diabetes is you get fat and can't have junk food" I said.

"Peter, that is not diabetes. It's part of it, type 2 anyway. But type 1 has no link to obesity. As long as you stay healthy you should be fine. I asked Friday to do some research earlier" said Tony.

"But, if type 1 has nothing to do with being over weight then how did I get it? I'm not anorexic" I said.

Tony was slightly annoyed.

"No, Peter, type 1 diabetes is not caused by your weight. It's a auto immune disease. Your immune cells attack the cells that produce insulin. So you can't produce insulin anymore. You have to take insulin injections threw a needle or that pump that Friday gave you. However with type 1 diabetes you can have too high of blood sugar or too low of blood sugar. If you have too low blood sugar then you need to eat some kind of junk food like a brownie or something to bring you back up. So if you decide to be Spiderman then you will need to have snacks on you just in case" said Tony.

"Oh" I said.

I wiped my nose.

"So, I can still have chocolate milk" I asked.

"Yes, you just have to be a bit more careful with your food and count sugar or whatever to keep your levels safe" said Tony.

I chuckled a little.

"I bet the fat activist would think I'm fatphobic because I'm counting calories" I said.

Tony put his hand down. I wiped my eyes. I never really cried in front of Tony before. I grabbed my phone and checked my levels. 310 and stable.

"I think I might need more insulin" I said.

Tony looked at my phone. We gave myself some more insulin. I hope I didn't do too much. Tony patted my shoulder.

"You might be able to swim with the omni pod. If not then you can just switch to injections. However I think it might be a good idea to join a support group or at least talk to other type 1 diabetics about your conditions" said Tony.

"Maybe later, if I feel up to it. Is type 1 the good kind or the bad kind" I asked.

"I'm not sure kid" said Tony.

"There is no good or bad. It's just type 1 and 2" said Friday.

"Oh, guess I have some research to do then" I said.

I will do that later.

"If you do decide to continue being Spiderman then we will have to figure out what you will do to take insulin. If you use a pump then I'll have to make some changes on your suit" said Tony.

"But, you took my suit" I said.

"I know, you had it coming. But then you did the right thing and fixed your mistake. I think that with a little more mentoring you will be a great addition to the team" said Tony.

"T,to the team? You mean, I'm a avenger" I asked.

"In training, but yes. However I want you to promise me that this time you will take it easy until you get better control of your blood sugar. I don't want you fainting in a alley somewhere" said Tony.

"Okay" I said.

Tony and I looked at each other. I still have a crush on him. I wonder if Tony likes me two. He was coming closer. His lips were so close but at last minute he went for a hug as if he chickened out. I closed my eyes and hugged back. We hugged for a minute or two.