Chapter 14: Manoeuvre against Riddhima

Start from the beginning

   "Boss, Sultan wants Kabir Ahmed to get married to ma'am, and the 21st of May is the date he has chosen. Since, we know on the 18th of this month, ma'am will become 18 years old.", Angre gave the information which made Vansh bewildered, and the paperweight he was holding was thrown at a painting in anger, shattering both into trillion pieces. 

    Seeing his Boss's outrage, Angre stumbled and stammered while adding some more information to the previous one, "and on the 19th of this month, Sultan plans to convert ma'am to his religion by kidnapping her."

    Vansh was raging in anger. He was becoming restless listening to Sultan's plan in which he involved his daughter previously and now his nephew. 

    "I knew it, something was missing when John showed me the park scenario that day. That bastard was clinging to Riddhima too much.", Vansh said in annoyance. 

    "Boss, what will be our next move?", Angre asked him to prepare himself for the cold war.

    "Now, Sultan will face the real Vansh Raisinghania. He doesn't know what is waiting for him. Checkmate Sultan!", Vansh smirked at his own statement with aggression.

   "I want some information, Angre, whether the power of attorney gives Riddhima the authority to sell property owned by the principal of that 10 acres of land beside the national highway.", Vansh said while going through his files. 

   "Boss, I'll check and inform you by today itself.", Angre replied. 

   Vansh nodded in a positive light. 

    "One more thing Boss, ECL is selling high grade coal at around Rs. 4,500 per ton to the companies as the certified price. But small companies, which do not have coal linkages, need to buy coal through e-auction. The e-auction price is dynamic and it can go up to Rs. 6,000-7,000 per ton. So, Boss, what price can give us profit?", Angre asked about the deals of coal smuggling.

    "Our price is Rs. 2,000 per ton — three times cheaper. But remind them no invoice will be delivered as there is no tax to pay.", Vansh said, looking straight in his eyes. 

   "One more thing, in the Kajora colliery do use the 'rat-hole' technique to extract the coal — just a small hole to cut into the ground, and the coal is to be extracted through bore well-type instruments as the entire coal belt of Bengal is rich in high grade coal, so it can be found just about 10 to 20 feet below the ground. The operation must take place at night and just grease the palm of local police and some senior officials of the ECL and if it is some other intruders, then kidnap or kill them. I have explained in detail and don't want any unnecessary mistakes just like the previous deal. This time there will be no mercy. Am I clear?", Vansh said, being stern. 

   "Yes, Boss, and no mistakes will be there.", Angre replied in confidence. 

   "I like it.", Vansh praised his confidence with a smirk. 

    Angre left his cabin after clearing all his doubts.

    Riddhima locked herself in her room when no one in Rathi house was aware of the traumatized incident that took place with Riddhima in the morning. She was hungry at dinner time, as she skipped lunch, so she came down to have dinner with Ritu and her Uncle. 

    "Riddhima, are you ok? I mean you were in your room almost the whole day and seemed to be quieter than usual.", Ritu asked, while Mr. Rathi looked towards Riddhima's hand and said, "Why have you applied ointment on your wrist?" 

    "Nothing, just slipped in the park and got scratches from twigs scattered there, so I tried to treat them with some ointments.", Riddhima tried to cover up with some calculative lies.

    "Riddhima, I have some news which can succeed our court case.", Mr. Rathi said it with calmness. 

    Riddhima gave him a questioning look. 

    "You remember that lawyer who cheated us? He is dead. I mean murdered, that's what all the news channels are saying.", Mr. Rathi told Riddhima, unaware of the truth.

     Riddhima started perspiring, felt anxiety, nervous and hell scared about the fact that the media reached and telecasted the incident. 

    "Did the police also reach there?", Riddhima questioned him, getting hell scared. 

    "Yes, they will investigate. My belief is that the perpetrator was sent by God, and that his death was karma.", Mr. Rathi said.

    "Excuse me please, I am done with my dinner, feeling a little sleepy, so may I go to my room, if you are ok with it.", Riddhima came up with an excuse to digest the news given by her uncle. 

    Ritu and Mr. Rathi both nodded positively with a smile. 

    Riddhima hurriedly got up from the chair and went to her room and locked it. 

    She started thinking and muttering to herself, "What if I get arrested tomorrow? What if I'm unable to fight another murder case? What if the police and the media started maligning my character to prove it was a murder? How will I fight with such powerful people? God please help me." 

   She didn't realize when her tears started rolling down and in tiredness she managed to doze off for a while unless she heard her phone ring. She checked the clock which was showing 12.30 a.m., reaching her phone she tried to identify the number but failed miserably. She received the call with a lot of hesitation. 

   "Hello", she said while stammering.

How was the chapter?....

Feedback in the Comment Section.....

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

FOLLOW

Take care of yourself and your family......