[5]A Memory Turned Nightmare: Nuka-World

================================================================================

CJ's still frustrated with MacCready. Even as they walk into the locker room and the intercom shuts off, rendering their conversation with the power-armor-guy done. Even as the intercom flicks on and MacCready tightens his fists at all the blood and gore in the locker-rooms. Even as CJ notices the man's own struggles to figure out the situation.

Their best chance of getting out of this is working together. 3v1 is the best course of action. He and Aila aren't useless. They aren't just some kids that got guns shoved into their hands anymore. If all 3 of them go in there and work this guy down from all sides, they can all get out alive. He can't focus on all 3 of them at once. It's fucking stupid for MacCready to go in there alone, no matter how good his plan is or not. The thought that he's being pushed to the bench just because he's younger or needed to be protected makes him spark with a little more than frustration. It works under his skin. We don't operate alone, nobody in this group operates alone anymore. We shouldn't need to. He sees where Mac is coming from, he really does. But honestly? He doesn't care. It sucks and it's selfish. But he doesn't care. He's going in there and helping whether the man wants it or not. Because there's no guarantee that MacCready will die and the raiders just let them go. No. MacCready will die, then CJ and Aila will be forced to go in and then without the extra backup, they could very well be right behind him.

Stupid, stupid, stupid- also fuck raiders. Fuck that Harvey guy. This is their fault.

As he tries to straighten his head out and focus, the intercom in the locker rooms starts to speak to them.

And it's the same man from before in the Nuka-Express when they were entering this hellhole. Gage, he said his name was.

"Alright listen the hell up, all of you. If you wanna make it out of this alive, I've only got a minute. Come to the intercom on the wall, I'll make it quick." It was hard not to see the panel with the speaker on it, as it was the only silver-metal in this entire locker room. Everything else was red. And everything else reeked of iron, death, and distress. CJ tried to ignore the dead bodies that were pinned to the wall on his left as he thought that. He tries to ignore the woman who's slumped down on a bench nearby, blood staining the wall to the left of her head in a explosion of suicide from the loosely gripped in her pale, fingers. Obviously, she decided not to give the raiders outside that door a show. Good on her.

Then again- not so much.

"Who is this?" MacCready sharply asked after pushing the button under the speaker. Gage was quick to reply, this slight-toned southern accent barely distinguishable, but defined once you heard it there.

"I'm the guy that's gonna get you out of this alive, all 3 of you. So listen up." CJ wanted to snap at his arrogance despite the fact that this guy probably would be the reason they got out alive. But still, the distrust was strong in his gut. Don't trust a raider. They're cheating liars that look out for themselves. In fact, don't trust anyone you don't know in the wasteland.

MacCready looked a little pinched and might've been ready to insult the man on the other end of the speaker. So CJ shoved himself towards the intercom and pressed the button, "We're listening." The man gave a rough chuckle.

"My kinda guy," CJ wanted to snap 'I'm not your kinda anything you prick', but held his tongue. They could hear this guy out and decide if they wanted to trust him or not after he was done talking. Everything since the minute they had stepped off that train had been cheats and the odds had been stacked against them from the start. This guy was honest about the deathtrap they were walking into. But CJ was torn on whether or not to believe him again just because he was the first time around.